Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SHOW CAUSE MEMO

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty SHOW CAUSE MEMO Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:04 pm

letmeknowsunshine

Arresto Menor

I submitted a resignation letter to my employer more than 30 days before my last day. A week before my last day, I received a show cause memo relating to an incident happened months ago. It is said in the memo that I have to explain as to why no disciplinary action should be taken. I was 10 minutes late on submitting my reply, on the alloted time given to me. I heard that my resignation letter is still and until now is left unsigned.

What could might happen or what are the possible decisions could my previous employer be made?

I want to know beforehand, so that I will not be surprised and to ready myself and my emotions.

Last edited by letmeknowsunshine on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

2SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:45 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

letmeknowsunshine wrote:I submitted a resignation letter to my employer more than 30 days before my last day. A week before my last day, I received a show cause memo relating to an incident happened months ago. It is said in the memo that I have to explain as to why no disciplinary action should be taken. I was 10 minutes late on submitting my reply, on the alloted time given to me. I heard that my resignation letter is still and until now is left unsigned.

What could might happen or what are the possible decisions could my previous employer be made?

I want to know beforehand, so that I will not be surprised and to ready myself and my emotions.

What was the offense related to the show-cause?

Why were you 10 minutes late on the reply?

Was there a specific date and time needed for the reply?

You should have had the resignation letter received on the day you submitted it.

http://www.councilviews.com

3SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:45 pm

letmeknowsunshine

Arresto Menor

The offense was deficiency and lapse on standard operating procedures.

I did not notice the time. I was too busy with my work.

Yes, there was a specific time and date on my reply.

I submitted my resignation to my immediate supervisor and my supervisor, was supposedly should submit it to hr and to president. My supervisor already signed my resignation. The president's sign is the one that is waiting.

4SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 pm

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

what was the specific time and date to reply indicated in the show cause letter?

5SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:40 pm

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

“Reasonable opportunity” under the Omnibus Rules means every kind of assistance that management must accord to the employees to enable them to prepare adequately for their defense.  This should be construed as a period of at least five (5) calendar days from receipt of the notice to give the employees an opportunity to study the accusation against them, consult  a union official or lawyer, gather data and evidence, and decide on the defenses they will raise against the complaint.  Moreover, in order to enable the employees to intelligently prepare their explanation and defenses, the notice should contain a detailed narration of the facts and circumstances that will serve as basis for the charge against the employees.  

G.R. No. 166211 - Asian Terminals, Inc. v. Nepthally B. Sallao and Asian Terminals, Inc. (Mariveles) Workers’ Union

6SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

vane wrote:“Reasonable opportunity” under the Omnibus Rules means every kind of assistance that management must accord to the employees to enable them to prepare adequately for their defense.  This should be construed as a period of at least five (5) calendar days from receipt of the notice to give the employees an opportunity to study the accusation against them, consult  a union official or lawyer, gather data and evidence, and decide on the defenses they will raise against the complaint.  Moreover, in order to enable the employees to intelligently prepare their explanation and defenses, the notice should contain a detailed narration of the facts and circumstances that will serve as basis for the charge against the employees.  

G.R. No. 166211 - Asian Terminals, Inc. v. Nepthally B. Sallao and Asian Terminals, Inc. (Mariveles) Workers’ Union

Err...

G.R. No. 166208?

7SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:51 am

letmeknowsunshine

Arresto Menor

48 hours after I received the notice, I must give my reply.

I received it thursday, and required to submit on monday.

8SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:58 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

You can dispute the 48 hours.

G.R. No. 166208 requires the "Reasonable Opportunity" mentioned by Vane - 5 days to explain.

9SHOW CAUSE MEMO Empty Re: SHOW CAUSE MEMO Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 am

letmeknowsunshine

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much! But, what could might their decision will be?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum