Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SSS Contributions for Employees who are on Unpaid Leave of Absence

+2
council
bjbalangue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bjbalangue

Arresto Menor

Team,

I would like to ask for your inputs whether an employer is required to contribute SSS premiums for an employee who requested to be on unpaid leave of absence?

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter and share best practices that you know re it.

Also please elaborate whether there is also a need to contribute premiums to say Pag-Ibig and Philhealth.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Bryan

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

bjbalangue wrote:Team,

I would like to ask for your inputs whether an employer is required to contribute SSS premiums for an employee who requested to be on unpaid leave of absence?

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter and share best practices that you know re it.  

Also please elaborate whether there is also a need to contribute premiums to say Pag-Ibig and Philhealth.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Bryan

If there is no employee contribution that can be made due to the absences then there cannot be any employer share unless the company is willing to voluntarily contribute all shares.

http://www.councilviews.com

bjbalangue

Arresto Menor

Hi Council,

Thanks for the input.  

I asked because I read this at case:
G.R. No. L-16359. December 28, 1961 - unfortunately I can't post links but you can google it and it is found at the Chan Robles site.

In which the gist that I got is that as long as there is employee-employer relationship then employer needs to contribute which puzzles me because what I know is what you replied to it as well.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

In our company, we ask the employee if she wants to continue her contributions even if she's on unpaid leave. If she does, then we continue to pay the ee and er share. The ee share is charged to her as cash advance, to be deducted immediately on her next payslip.

weng27

Arresto Menor

good pm po pwedi pa help naman po anu po gagawin ko kung hindi hinuhulogan ng employer ko ang sss contribution ko MAY 2013 pa ako nag start hanggang APRIL 2014 wala pa po hulog ang sss ko anu po pwedi ko gawin? salamat po!

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

seek help sa SSS

weng27

Arresto Menor

panu ko po makukuha ung mga kinaltas na mga tax sakin ng employer ko, kasi minimum rate lang naman ako kinaltasan nila ako. sabi sa BIR ang employer ko ang magrerefund nun ayaw naman mareply sa text o tawag ko ang employer ko po kasi nasa baguio pa ako nasa manila ang employer ko po! anu po dapat kong gawin? salamat po!

weng27

Arresto Menor

tanung ko lang po kung my makukuha pa ako sa dating agency ko po kasi kakapalit lang namin ng agency nguan 1yr po ako nagwork sa kanila. my back pay at 13 month po ba ako na makukuha sa kanila? tnxs po!

Deeny

Arresto Menor

Hi

Id like to inquire about my case because I was recently served memo for redundancy but my concern is I miscarried last March23 and reported back May 6 this year but I havent received my maternity checks yet I sent email and demanded for it and reminded HR to issue my checks upon claiming my redundancy but their reply was they will try when I submitted my sss maternity notifications on time and its not my fault anymore if the comp&ben employee resigned by the time I filed my notification. My question is in case they do not issue my sss checks on june15 but asks me to sign release waiver and quitclaim should I sign it or of course not sign? What sould I do if they will still say they will try to submit bec they lost my forms so I provided them 3extra copies so they can follow up but it sounds negative coming fr HR that they will try "ihabol". Please help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum