Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witness was offered payment to testify

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Witness was offered payment to testify Empty Witness was offered payment to testify Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Phileas Fogg

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I had a situation last weekend whereas after a disagreement with a customer over the payment of his bill he claimed that I had stolen his mobile phone ... Which I hadn't stolen.

Working with a 15 year old girl for the day he question her if she had seen the phone and she replied to him that she had not seen it.

Obviously not satisfied with her answer he then offered her PHP15,000.00 if she would say that I had stolen the phone and she duly provided a statement to the police that I had stolen the phone, I was arrested and I spent three days in police custody before being released without charge after the case against me was dropped.

I am a respectable businessman and I have no criminal record against my name but now the locals are gossipping that I stole a mobile phone and this is damaging to my good character and to my business.

I cannot prove that I didn't steal the phone but then the 15 year old child cannot prove that I did but I need to make attempt to clear my good name.

Obviously I cannot file a case against a 15 year old child so my question is if I can file a case for slander against her parents, her legal guardians, the persons responsible for her behaviour?

Thanks

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum