Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witness Issues

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Witness Issues Empty Witness Issues Wed May 10, 2017 5:14 pm

jecmac

Arresto Menor

I had a case filed against my brother for grave threat but I have already withdrew the case. Apparently, another case was filed against him for possession of firearms related to the grave threat and I am being called in as a witness. Do I still have to attend the hearing? What will happen if I do not attend?

2Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Fri May 12, 2017 11:26 am

jecmac

Arresto Menor

Any legal advise please...

3Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Sun May 14, 2017 3:23 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Just attend the hearing. or you know that your brother is guilty and do not want to incriminate him?

4Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Tue May 16, 2017 1:27 pm

jecmac

Arresto Menor

No, as mentioned, the illegal possesion is in relation to the grave threat that I initially filed against him. I have already withdrawn the grave threat case. I wasnt even aware that an illegal possession case was filed against him since initially, police were saying that the "fire arm" that he has doesn't have any way to be fired (no trigger) or anything like that.

5Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

but did he posses a firearm? please note that illegal possession of fire arm can still be charged even if you withdrew your initial case since illegal possession of fire arm is a crime.

6Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Thu May 18, 2017 2:06 pm

jecmac

Arresto Menor

Sorry but I am not concerned about the case but just my attendance or none attendance for that matter as a witness to this case. I am just new to my job and I have been on leave several times because of the other case. Im not sure if I can again be on leave.

7Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Thu May 18, 2017 5:21 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

if you receive a subpoena to appear on court as a witness, then you have to appear. if not, then it is up to you to appear or not.

8Witness Issues Empty Re: Witness Issues Thu May 18, 2017 5:24 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

as far as i know, if you receive a subpoena and did not appear in court, the court may charge you with contempt of court. they can also issue a warrant for your arrest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum