Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

consent to remarry?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1consent to remarry? Empty consent to remarry? Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:02 am

hasaquestion

Arresto Menor

Thanks in advance.

I've heard if married couple give each other consent to remarry, it is possible that they can.  But then I read other places saying it is not.

I found this:
Based on the increasing number of failed marriages which confines many of our citizens to a perpetual state of marital limbo, it has become morally and socially acceptable for many Filipinos to grant spouses of broken marriages the legal right to remarry.

here:
newfilipino dot com /annulment-divorce-law-in-philippines
(sorry, but it says I can't post a link for 7 days)

Any more information about this would be greatly appreciated because this was the only source I have been able to find after searching quite a while..

Thanks!

Last edited by hasaquestion on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

2consent to remarry? Empty Re: consent to remarry? Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Sino mang Filipino ang magpapakasal ng mahigit sa isang beses ang maaring maharap sa kasong bigamy. kung gusto mo ulit magpa-kasal, kailangan mo muna mapa-annul ang naunang kasal.

3consent to remarry? Empty Re: consent to remarry? Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:44 pm

hasaquestion

Arresto Menor

Salamat po, follow up questions please.  What if both parties want to pursue other relationships, can they have an agreement not to file charges against each other?  I heard only the "offended" spouse could initiate an arrest for adultery.

How about bigomy?  Could there be legal contract agreeing both parties agree not to initiate arrest or whatever?

Also, a friend tells me a 7 year wait of not contacting makes possible to divorce, is this true also?  It's not that the person is dead obviously.

thanks po!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum