Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Articles for exception of Bigamy, Catholic man remarries after converting to Muslim

+3
bhong
attyLLL
azmodeuz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

azmodeuz

Arresto Menor

What articles in law can i use to defend my 2nd marriage as valid and not bigamy. A sharia lawyer already gave articles in muslim law but I can't find in the civil code an article that states Catholics can remarry as other Religions when allowed by the religion.

1st marriage Catholic Man and Catholic Woman, 1999.
2nd marriage Muslim Man and Muslim Woman, 2003.

Thank you for your help.

attyLLL

when did you convert to islam? the best defense is to prove that you converted in good faith and not just to avoid being charged with bigamy

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

azmodeuz

Arresto Menor

We converted October 2002, what articles or statement can I send to immigration to prove that our marriage is not bigamous.

bhong

Arresto Menor

gud day.. i was converted to islam about a year ago, then nakilala ko ung babaeng gusto kong mapangasawa early this month, catholic sya so she was converted to islam for me to marry her but kasal po sya sa civil.. but now po ay wala n sila ng kanyang ex husband about two years. can u pleas give me an advice on what will be right to to do? thank you vey much and hoping for your kindly advice...

azmodeuz

Arresto Menor

let her file annulment with her ex husband

attyLLL

armodeuz, i think it will be better if your seek advice from a sharia lawyer. i think the office for muslim affairs or your mosque can issue such a certification. good luck.

bhong,imo, your marriage is void for being bigamous.

bhong

Arresto Menor

ganun po sir? thank you very much sir, but hindi p namn po kami kasal. sir ano po ang magandang advice nyo for us to be legal? thank you so much and have a nice day......

attyLLL

her marriage has to be annulled by a court first. search for grounds for annulment in the forum

bhong

Arresto Menor

gud day sir. yun po bang hindi mo na gustong pakisamahan dahil sa tamad at walang trabaho ung mister and wala na talgang love between them is considered na grounds na po ba yun? thanks again and more power to all.....

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

No. Kasama yan sa marriage vow na "for better or worse".

11Articles for exception of Bigamy, Catholic man remarries after converting to Muslim Empty Wanting to remarry abroad Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm

ahmedgirl

Arresto Menor

Good day, sir! I am Filipina. I got married in 1990 to a guy who was still married to his first wife.

His marriage : 1980 (not annulled)
Our marriage : 1990 (not annulled)Catholic marriage and civil

I got married again to a muslim foreigner (after conversion to Islam) in 2006 here in the Philippines without getting an annulment from my first marriage. We got divorced in 2012. Will I be allowed to obtain a Fiancee Visa by the US embassy and then marry in the US even if the marriage in 1990 has not been annulled yet?

Thanks so much for the help.

raheemerick

raheemerick
Reclusion Perpetua

salamu alaikum warat mathula iwabarakhathu..

first, hndi dahilan at basehan sa isang babae ang mag balik islam upang muling mka pag pakasal. kaibahan sa isang lalake. for those men who embrace islam, you already have the rights to re-mary again. at hndi kailanagan ng isang babae na yumakap din sa pananampalatayang islam para lng mapakasalan ng isang lalakeng muslim. ang lalakeng muslim ay hinahayaang makapag pakasal sa isang babae kahit hndi ito muslim. subalit?? mariin kong ipina pa alala.. sa side ng babaeng nag balik islam na kasalukuyang kasal sa una nitong asawa sa hindi islam na paraan? manantiling valid ang iyong kasal sa asawa mong lalake. kaibhana sa isang lalake. just prove it lng na certified muslim at documentado ang pag yakap mo sa islam na pananampalataya. nasayo na ang karapatan na muling mag paksal ng hindi hihigit sa apat na beses. subalit hndi ito nangangahulugan na sarado na ang obligasyon mo sa una mong asawa. silay iyong pananagutan pa rin at nararapat lng na tugunan sa pangangailanagan lalo na sa usaping finacial.

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Sa Roman Catholic kung kasal ka sa kapwa RC, only death, annulment, o other reasons provided in the Civil Code, o divorce? para maging NULL AND VOID ung kasal mo at puede kanang magpakasal ulit sa iba, iyan ang batas (the State). Sa Civil Code o Family Code may provision tungkol sa mixed marriages at ung una kong sinabi. Search mo sa internet for info mo. Gud luck!

attyLLL

shouldn't you should be more concerned that you can be accused of committing bigamy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum