Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annual Salary Increase inquiry

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annual Salary Increase inquiry Empty Annual Salary Increase inquiry Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:55 pm

PrincePJ

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I just want to know. Is there a provision or law for those who didn't get an annual increase?

The reason why I asked is because some of the employees in the company I work for didn't get any salary increase. The team captain said the one of the reasons why they didn't get the annual increase is because some of them got suspended once or twice because they didn't meet the quality standards. And after 18mnths they still don't have a clear documentation on where they will base the annual increase from.

Can a suspension be a basis of not getting the increase? Can they implement an increase without showing the employee the merits of the increase? Can an employee sue the employer due to this?

Thanks in advance to those who will answer this inquiry.

2Annual Salary Increase inquiry Empty Re: Annual Salary Increase inquiry Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:51 pm

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

annual salary increase is employers prerogative na. check your company policy

3Annual Salary Increase inquiry Empty Re: Annual Salary Increase inquiry Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:36 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

PrincePJ wrote:Hi,

I just want to know. Is there a provision or law for those who didn't get an annual increase?

The reason why I asked is because some of the employees in the company I work for didn't  get any salary increase. The team captain said the one of the reasons why they didn't get the annual increase is because some of them got suspended once or twice because they didn't meet the quality standards. And after 18mnths they still don't have a clear documentation on where they will base the annual increase from.

Can a suspension be a basis of not getting the increase?  Can they implement an increase without showing the employee the merits of the increase? Can an employee sue the employer due to this?

Thanks in advance to those who will answer this inquiry.

Team Captain? There's only 1-2 companies that I know of that use that term.

Any salary increase is company prerogative.

Generally any sanction, especially suspension, can be grounds that they do not get any increase, since performance ratings will go down much lower than the passing score.

http://www.councilviews.com

4Annual Salary Increase inquiry Empty Re: Annual Salary Increase inquiry Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:42 pm

PrincePJ

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply sir.

He said that he got suspended months before they rolled out the actual scorecards and He got transferred from one line of business to another every after 3 months and one of the LOBs he got assigned to didn't even have any scorecard...

Can that still be grounds for not getting any increase.?

5Annual Salary Increase inquiry Empty Re: Annual Salary Increase inquiry Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:18 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

PrincePJ wrote:Thanks for the reply sir.

He said that he got suspended months before they rolled out the actual scorecards and He got transferred from one line of business to another every after 3 months and one of the LOBs he got assigned to didn't even have any scorecard...

Can that still be grounds for not getting any increase.?

Yes. From those 2 companies with Team Captains, I know that any disciplinary action or sanction from final written warning to suspension will result in disqualification from any incentives and or increases.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum