Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Increase Inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Increase Inquiry Empty Salary Increase Inquiry Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 am

dloadgenerator

Arresto Menor

I would just like to ask if a non-entitlement for an increase is reasonable?

Our company normally give annual increases to its employees based on performance. However, on my last performance evaluation it seems I had a performance problem. Somehow I am expecting that I will receive something, even a small percentage, but it seems the management will not approve the increase (even the small percentage that I am expecting) due to the performance problem that I had. Is that reasonable Atty? I've read here somewhere that salary increase highly depends on management's discretion. But in the case of our company it seems it has been based on performance per practice.

I am aware of the flaws that I had but still I am expecting that I would receive something even a small amount because it has been the practice in the previous years.

The performance computation is not that clear. The only reason for the non-entitlement was due to my unsatisfactory performance for the latest period.

Can you enlighten me on this?

In short I would like to know if I can still push for the expected increase (no matter how much is it) or at the end of the day is it just based on company's discretion?

2Salary Increase Inquiry Empty Re: Salary Increase Inquiry Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm

atty_kristeto_makatao

Arresto Mayor

There is no provision on the labor code about regular/annual salary increase especially if you are paid above the minimum wage.

my brother in one of his employers got an increase 3x in a year in different months, maganda kasi performance nung company so napasama sa nabiyayaan, then years of drought follows.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum