Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company computed the annual salary included the 13 month

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davelibiran

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I was hired and provided me the job offer over the phone they told me the exact annual income when we singed the contract we thought since it is annual it is only for a year which is equivalent for 12 months that is what we expected but when we got our payslip we ask our HR for we think the amount that we are getting every cutoff or every month is not enough for the said annual income. HR told us that the annual amount that was discussed to us is 13 month inclusive. they included the 13th month pay to the annual salary amount that we are going to get. is that legal? can 13th month pay be included in the annual amount that was offered unto us? please help need legal advise on this

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Annual amount strictly means the all the income you receive for the whole year. So technically they are correct. You should have asked them clearly about the MONTHLY salary.

Never assume.

http://www.councilviews.com

davelibiran

Arresto Menor

that is even we started in the middle of the year?so it is still valid?
this is the exact words written in the contract.

Annual salary:

for giving your entire time and attention to the work assigned to you during the working hours of this company,you will be paid an annual gross base salary of 312000.00 pesos, inclusive of your 13th month salary.your salary will be paid in arrears one half on the 10th month and the other on the 25th of the month.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

davelibiran wrote:that is even we started in the middle of the year?so it is still valid?
this is the exact words written in the contract.

Annual salary:

for giving your entire time and attention to the work assigned to you during the working hours of this company,you will be paid an annual gross base salary of 312000.00 pesos, inclusive of your 13th month salary.your salary will be paid in arrears one half on the 10th month and the other on the 25th of the month.

Yes, valid. That would mean that your salary is pro-rated - in this case, approximately half of the annual figures.

And it's clear that the gross salary is inclusive of the 13th month pay.

So that means as a whole, your salary is 24K monthly.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum