Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manager's Negligence on Filed Leaves of Subordinates

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hajji Mohammed

Arresto Menor

A pleasant day.

This is regarding the issue of my colleague filing his leave form and just leaving it thru his other colleague since he was about to go to other branch. Our manager signed it but since he was also in a meeting that time, he could not remember if he put it on top of the his table or on the work bench of the one who filed said leave. Our manager just took note of said leave and plot it in his calendar. Until such time (about 20 days) that said employee complained that his leave conversion is way too high. He then noticed that the no. of days he filed as leave was still creditted. Thus, he was absent and was not paid holiday premium pay.

Audit, however, reiterated that there is a gap on the procedure of HRD on Leave Approval. But HRD is pointing to the negligence of the manager and was about to sanction him since he was not able to give such document to HRD.

Our manager also insisted that said employee should have at least made follow up on the status of his leave and should also inform HRD about this.

Hope anyone can enlighten me on this.

Thank you.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Hajji Mohammed wrote:A pleasant day.

This is regarding the issue of my colleague filing his leave form and just leaving it thru his other colleague since he was about to go to other branch.  Our manager signed it but since he was also in a meeting that time, he could not remember if he put it on top of the his table or on the work bench of the one who filed said leave.  Our manager just took note of said leave and plot it in his calendar.  Until such time (about 20 days) that said employee complained that his leave conversion is way too high.  He then noticed that the no. of days he filed as leave was still creditted.  Thus, he was absent and was not paid holiday premium pay.  

Audit, however, reiterated that there is a gap on the procedure of HRD on Leave Approval.  But HRD is pointing to the negligence of the manager and was about to sanction him since he was not able to give such document to HRD.  

Our manager also insisted that said employee should have at least made follow up on the status of his leave and should also inform HRD about this.

Hope anyone can enlighten me on this.

Thank you.

Command responsibility falls on the manager.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum