Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vacation and Sick Leave Conversion

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vacation and Sick Leave Conversion Empty Vacation and Sick Leave Conversion Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:22 am

abbyboi

Arresto Menor

I work for a BPO Company and signed a contract with them on Sept 12, 2013.It is clearly stated in the contract that on my 3rd month in the company (Dec 12, 2013) I will earn 3 Vacation Leaves and 3 Sick Leaves which I can then use. Human resources sent an email to my Team Lead stating that leaves earned in December will be carried over to March of 2014.However first week of February (2014) I was told by my Supervisor that my 3 unused Vacation Leave was forfeited because HR made a mistake, but my 3 unused Sick leaves will be converted to cash. March came and they told me that only employees that signed a contract on October,November and December 2013 will get cash conversions for unused SL's and that my SL's are forfeited. It was stated on my contract that 6 unused Sick Leaves by the end of the year will be converted to cash the following year. Yesterday the other employees were paid for their unused credits. I and 14 others were not included in this payout. Please advise, Thank you.

2Vacation and Sick Leave Conversion Empty Re: Vacation and Sick Leave Conversion Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

abbyboi wrote:I work for a BPO Company and signed a contract with them on Sept 12, 2013.It is clearly stated in the contract that on my 3rd month in the company (Dec 12, 2013) I will earn 3 Vacation Leaves and 3 Sick Leaves which I can then use. Human resources sent an email to my Team Lead stating that leaves earned in December will be carried over to March of 2014.However first week of February (2014) I was told by my Supervisor that my 3 unused Vacation Leave was forfeited because HR made a mistake,

Talk with HR first to clarify this point.

abbyboi wrote:but my 3 unused Sick leaves will be converted to cash. March came and they told me that only employees that

Who is "they" who told you?

abbyboi wrote:signed a contract on October,November and December 2013 will get cash conversions for unused SL's and that my SL's are forfeited. It was stated on my contract that 6 unused Sick Leaves by the end of the year will be converted to cash the following year. Yesterday the other employees were paid for their unused credits. I and 14 others were not included in this payout. Please advise, Thank you.

You can talk to HR about this to try and enforce the conditions of the contract as it was not your fault that you were not able to use your leaves or that the provisions allow you to receive cash conversions of leaves.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum