Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tenure after company was purchased

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tenure after company was purchased Empty Tenure after company was purchased Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:08 am

den_cbr

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm employed to a local company for five (5) years and ten (10) month now.

It was now then purchased by a multinatinal company. I'm already 52 and will be retiring in the next eight years. The outgoing local company did not provide us any retirement fee, hence we will just rely on the retirement pay.

My question is, if I did retire in the next 8 years, will my tenure of service with the incoming company will be traced back 5 years ago or they will only based it after the procurement? The company name will not changed as it will become a subsidiary of the Japanese company.

I think my case is the same as my neighbor who is a PALEAN who claimed they were illegally dismissied by Lucio Tan. After SMC bought PAL, they received a security of tenure pay equivalent to one month for evey years of service (including the time that they were on strike which is for two yeras).

Will it be applicable to my case? Whose going to pay the first 5 years and 10 months of my service. The multinational company will start by April and the outgoing owner will migrate outside the country so I would like to confirm this as the current management does not mentioned anything about security of tenure and I'm having a bad feeling.

2Tenure after company was purchased Empty Re: Tenure after company was purchased Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

If your tenure will be covered by the new company, you are not entitled to a separation pay. buy if your tenure will be reset to zero, your have to be paid separation pay

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum