Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can my mother, who signed documents for me when I was 20yo, sell property under my name now that I'm 30?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

redtanuki

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I found your page via Google. I'm really hoping for some legal advice at the moment, and I hope you can help.

10 years ago, when I was 20 years old, my parents earned the rights to a parcel of land in Bulacan. It used to be an undeveloped area in the mountains, until my family developed it by planting fruit trees and mahogany trees, and the rights/stewardship was granted to us by the DENR. Later on, the land was surveyed and we eventually bought the land and we received a deed of absolute sale. There are also certifications and receipts.

At the time when all of this paperwork was made, it was MY name (then 20 years old) that appeared in all the documents as the rights holder/owner of the land, but because I was still a student, it was my mother who signed for me (her signature occupies all the spots where mine should be). I was told that this was because I was a minor at the time.

Fast forward 10 years later, I'm now 30 years old, and estranged from my mother.

I am unable to directly oversee the property at the moment, and I want to know if she will be able to sell off the land and/or the crops on it by herself, and without me knowing about it. Will she be able to bypass my authority on the property? I'm asking because I thinks she wants to do that, but I would like for her not to.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice on the matter.

Thank you very much.

PS: I'd be happy to send scans of the documents, or even set up a meeting, if any lawyer would be interested in helping me out with this. Thank you.

redtanuki

Arresto Menor

Bumping up. Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum