Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

terminated without notice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1terminated without notice Empty terminated without notice Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:49 am

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

sir i was terminated today without notice. no memo, no 30 days allowance to find work, makaka kuha lang ako ng 6k+yung sinahod ko this week.

grounds ko daw was yung late at absences.

should i seek help na po ba sa DOLE?

2terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:22 am

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Of course, you have to file illegal dismissal.
Were you given Notice to explain and explain your side?
Why were you terminated?Can you make details of your tardiness records?

3terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:43 am

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

alexisbantilan wrote:Of course, you have to file illegal dismissal.

to make it short sir i was suspended for a maximum of 3 suspension. per suspension 5 working days ang suspension ko. THOSE suspension po eh sinabi lang saken. there's no proper memo about it. then on thursday, sinabi saken ng admin ng office na pinapatawag ako ng amo namin on friday (which is yesterday)

dun lang ako sinabihan na i am fired na po. although i was pretty aware of the fact na dapat may time allowance for me to find work bago ako alisin sa work. wala pong separtion pay na ibbigay. kasi ang gusto mangyari ng amo ko babayaran nya lang yung sinahod ko nung 1st 15days ko sa office then 2nd week ng feb kahit hindi na ako papasok babayaran nya ng buo. yung first 15 may bawas pa rin yun dahil reoccuring ang late at absences ko.

medyo nagulat ako kasi biglaan. when i ask bakit ako hindi sinabihan na matatangal na ako, ang sabi saken " hindi pa ba sapat yung 3 suspensions na binigay ko to sayo? "

btw sir the reason i got sacked off the job was due to my frequent late and absences.

4terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:54 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

IaNLaO wrote:

to make it short sir i was suspended for a maximum of 3 suspension. per suspension 5 working days ang suspension ko. THOSE suspension po eh sinabi lang saken. there's no proper memo about it. then on thursday, sinabi saken ng admin ng office na pinapatawag ako ng amo namin on friday (which is yesterday)

dun lang ako sinabihan na i am fired na po. although i was pretty aware of the fact na dapat may time allowance for me to find work bago ako alisin sa work. wala pong separtion pay na ibbigay. kasi ang gusto mangyari ng amo ko babayaran nya lang yung sinahod ko nung 1st 15days ko sa office then 2nd week ng feb kahit hindi na ako papasok babayaran nya ng buo. yung first 15 may bawas pa rin yun dahil reoccuring ang late at absences ko.

medyo nagulat ako kasi biglaan. when i ask bakit ako hindi sinabihan na matatangal na ako, ang sabi saken " hindi pa ba sapat yung 3 suspensions na binigay ko to sayo? "

btw sir the reason i got sacked off the job was due to my frequent late and absences.

File illegal dismissal.
No due process of law.

5terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:05 am

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

alexisbantilan wrote:
IaNLaO wrote:

File illegal dismissal.
No due process of law.

sir what exactly happens when i FILE this case? should it be in DOLE po na?

6terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

IaNLaO wrote:although i was pretty aware of the fact na dapat may time allowance for me to find work bago ako alisin sa work. wala pong separtion pay na ibbigay. kasi ang gusto mangyari ng amo ko babayaran nya lang yung sinahod ko nung 1st 15days ko sa office then 2nd week ng feb kahit hindi na ako papasok babayaran nya ng buo. yung first 15 may bawas pa rin yun dahil reoccuring ang late at absences ko.

While due process may not have been observed fully, as you have already mentioned/admitted that you were really suspended for your absences/tardiness, you might be entitled only to additional damages of around 30k.

But in reality, there is no such time allowance to find work, especially for negligence at work. If you think of it - assuming you be given a final warning or a 30-day suspension before final termination on the next occurrence, the company has no assurance that you won't be late or absent (unauthorized) again.

Similarly, you don't usually give a second chance (or "time allowance") to an employee who steals from the company or from a co-employee because he might just do it again.

http://www.councilviews.com

7terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:45 pm

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
IaNLaO wrote:although i was pretty aware of the fact na dapat may time allowance for me to find work bago ako alisin sa work. wala pong separtion pay na ibbigay. kasi ang gusto mangyari ng amo ko babayaran nya lang yung sinahod ko nung 1st 15days ko sa office then 2nd week ng feb kahit hindi na ako papasok babayaran nya ng buo. yung first 15 may bawas pa rin yun dahil reoccuring ang late at absences ko.

While due process may not have been observed fully, as you have already mentioned/admitted that you were really suspended for your absences/tardiness, you might be entitled only to additional damages of around 30k.

But in reality, there is no such time allowance to find work, especially for negligence at work. If you think of it - assuming you be given a final warning or a 30-day suspension before final termination on the next occurrence, the company has no assurance that you won't be late or absent (unauthorized) again.

Similarly, you don't usually give a second chance (or "time allowance") to an employee who steals from the company or from a co-employee because he might just do it again.

so are you implying sir na ako ang nasa mali?

wala pong 30day suspension na nangyari. so ibig po sabihin nun kahit walang memo (or written agreement) eh possible pa rin akong tangalin?

BTW hearing impared din po pala ako. relying on hearing aids.

8terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

IaNLaO wrote:so are you implying sir na ako ang nasa mali?

wala pong 30day suspension na nangyari. so ibig po sabihin nun kahit walang memo (or written agreement) eh possible pa rin akong tangalin?

I did not say you were given a 30-day suspension, I said "assuming" you were given...

9terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:54 pm

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

council wrote:

I did not say you were given a 30-day suspension, I said "assuming" you were given...

like i said sir i didnt get any 30 day suspension. so i want to know if may laban ako if dadalhin ko sa dole ang case ko sir.

10terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

IaNLaO wrote:
council wrote:

like i said sir i didnt get any 30 day suspension. so i want to know if may laban ako if dadalhin ko sa dole ang case ko sir.

like i said sir, you might be entitled to damages of 30k if it is proven (via the courts) that due process was not observed. But you still may be out of the company.

11terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

IaNLaO,

Council is correct.
You have to choose to quit being tardy or to quit at all.
Lesson learned, don't be late because our work is our bread and butter.
Dito tyo kumukuha ng makakain natin sa araw-araw so we have to protect our work also.

12terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:36 pm

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

@sir Alex yeah sir i know that naman po. pero according kasi sa iba ko napagtanungan being terminated ang pinaka maproseso. at pag sinabi daw na terminated ka mahihirapan kna makahanap ng trabaho.

13terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

IaNLaO wrote:@sir Alex yeah sir i know that naman po. pero according kasi sa iba ko napagtanungan being terminated ang pinaka maproseso. at pag sinabi daw na terminated ka mahihirapan kna makahanap ng trabaho.

pag merong "daw" medyo kailangan pag-isipan mabuti. kasi baka chismis lang yun.

14terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:33 pm

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
IaNLaO wrote:@sir Alex yeah sir i know that naman po. pero according kasi sa iba ko napagtanungan being terminated ang pinaka maproseso. at pag sinabi daw na terminated ka mahihirapan kna makahanap ng trabaho.

pag merong "daw" medyo kailangan pag-isipan mabuti. kasi baka chismis lang yun.

ah so makakahanap pako ng trabaho after being terminated is that it sir?

15terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:33 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

iNLAO,

Ilang years kna nagwowork?
iN the tone of your asking parang elementary kapa lng.
Its up to your negotiating attitude and how you can pass interviews kung paano ka makakawork ulit.
Or its up kung hindi naman tatawag ang new employer mo sa old employer mo.

16terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:45 pm

IaNLaO

Arresto Menor

mag 4 years palang sir. child like ba ang pagtatanong ko when u said na parang elementary palang ako? im sorry if it sounded like that. its my first job kasi and first time ko ma terminate. correct me if im wrong...

17terminated without notice Empty Re: terminated without notice Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:20 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Just try reading this. Baka lang makatulong sayo malaman kung ano ang effect ng termination with just cause pero walang due process. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/discipline-suspension-termination

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum