Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bigamy, abandonment, separation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bigamy, abandonment, separation Empty bigamy, abandonment, separation Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:40 am

mrsviola

Arresto Menor

My father abandoned us for more than 10 years now and left my mom without saying nothing or whatever. When he left us, an anonymous letter came telling that my father had an affair & that they got married in the philippines. This opted my mom to file a bigamy case against them. In the end, my father was mitigated due to some events and the mistress was convicted. Now, the problem is nobody between the parties have filed an annulment case and I've read one section in the family code stating that if you're separated more than 7yrs or more without any form of communication, it is considered separated and that the aggrieved party will be dominant over all the property, etc.. Can someone shed light on this matter? My mom wanted to transfer the title to me & my brother but how can she do that if its still conjugal property & my father refuses to sign the transfer back then? How can my mom protect herself from financial scenarios like this wherein my father would run towards her for half of what she had?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum