Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Empty HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:25 am

paolamilca

Arresto Menor

Hi! I'm employed as a part-time homebased online english teacher. This is my only source of income. My company deducts 2% from my salary and sends me BIR form 2307 every 3 months. My question is, how can I have an ITR? What tax rates apply to me in this case? I'm really confused. Thank you so much in advance.

2HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Empty Re: HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

the 2% is the tax you pay, this is for services rendered. You wont have an ITR, the BIR form 2307 is your ITR.

3HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Empty Re: HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:46 pm

attyLLL

the 2% is a creditable withholding tax. it's like an advance payment on whatever taxes you need to pay. the 2307 is not an ITR, just a record of how much was deducted.

if you are supervised as to how you should be doing your job, then imo, this should not be the arrangement, because you should be considered an employee

but if the set-up is ok with you, the proper recourse is to join one of the bir seminars to know what it is to be a small biz owner.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Empty Re: HOMEBASED FREELANCE (taxes and ITR) Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:20 am

paolamilca

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for your replies! I will take the suggestions accordingly! Thank you once again!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum