Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concerns about AWOL

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Concerns about AWOL Empty Concerns about AWOL Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 am

aloofkid

Arresto Menor

Hi guys,

My girlfriend told me that she'll be suspended for 9 days (no dates yet) because of her 5 days AWOL during my 10 hospitalization.

I ask her if she didn't filed a leave of absent for the 5 days she didn't go to work, she said that she filed it but it wasn't approve since I am not her immediate family.

I ask her if it's the handbook, she said it was indicated in the handbook that it should be an immediate family.

I asked her if there's any consideration since I was hospitalize due to Dengue and my platelets went down from 148 to 8 in mater of 2 days so it is life or death situation. Also I was ordered to stay in bed 24/7 for 4 days, my mom took care of me during the day and my girlfriend took care of me at night while my mom rest. She just answered, "none".

I am planning to email or schedule a meeting to their company's VP explaining the intensity of my hospitalization since my girlfriend probably didn't explain or defend herself very well and I am hoping for a reconsideration of their ruling.

So my questions are:

1. Is it advisable for me to write the company a  letter explaining the gravity of my Dengue/hospitalization?

2.. What should be the best move, should I write a letter or schedule a meeting?

2. To whom will I address my letter? CEO, VP, HR etc?

3. In case they didn't reconsider their ruling, is there legal way my girlfriend can file a complain?

My girlfriend will be submitting her resignation letter tomorrow, but I told her to just it some time think if she really wants to resign

She didn't know what I am about to do but this is the least that I can do for her.

Thank you very much and sorry for my grammar ;-)

2Concerns about AWOL Empty Re: Concerns about AWOL Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

1. No. Your girlfriend should be the one defending her absence. She can present your medical certificate if it would be asked from her. Or if they have a union, she could ask for grievance.

2. You can try but I don't advise you to do that

3. You can file a legal complain if they failed to follow due process. But it is management prerogative to approve and disapprove leave. I hope you would understand that as of the moment, you and your girlfriend do not have any legal relationship. You cannot compel the company to excuse her absences but you can try to plead for consideration for humanitarian reasons.

3Concerns about AWOL Empty Re: Concerns about AWOL Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:45 pm

myles08

Arresto Menor

Hello there..

I will be starting my new work in a company, kaso ngbackground check sila at nakita nila na pumasok ako for 3 months sa isang company which i did not include in my resume. They told me to get a COE pra mkpgstart na ako, pero nag-AWOL ako for some reasons. Can I still get a COE or even a clearance? Wala din kse ako pinirmahan na contract sa kanila from the start.. Please help..

4Concerns about AWOL Empty Re: Concerns about AWOL Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:41 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

It depends upon the company to clear you. But COE is not a gov't mandated Certificate so you cannot compel the company to give it especially that you are AWOL

5Concerns about AWOL Empty Re: Concerns about AWOL Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:18 am

jeffrey_errazo

Arresto Menor

just wanted to ask kasi i was absent for 5 days but forgot to notify my supervisor but i kept on calling the sickline, in my fourth day of absence i called my supervisor & immediately submitted a medcert through email kasi sabi nya sakin na kelangan daw. ngayon i was tag for ncns for four days! i was given an nte pero i was able to provide medcert throughout the days i was absent. legal po ba na iterminate nila ako?

6Concerns about AWOL Empty Re: Concerns about AWOL Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 am

maharlika05

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,
Nagwork po ako sa isang CC for 1yr. At natemporary layoff last Nov16. Tapos pinabalik kami ng Dec13.
Unfortunately, hindi po ako nakapasok.
Dahil una, hindi ako nakatanggap ng text nila dahil nawala cp ko at nagbago ng number. (Nalaman ko lang sa kasamahan ko)
Pangalawa, nasa malayong lugar ako.
Pero nagnotify ako sa boss ko.

Tapos Dec16, hindi ako ulit nakapasok dahil may sakit. Pero nagnotify ulit ako. Pero Terminated na daw po.
Pumunta nalang daw ako sa office para magpaclearance.

Pag punta ko ng office,
AWOL daw ako kaya hindi ko matatanggap last pay ko at 13th mo.

Nagpadala daw sila ng letter kaso lumipat na kami ng bahay kaya hindi ko natanggap.

Consider bang AWOL kung nagnotify naman ako?
At wala bang matatanggap na kahit ano pag AWOL?

pls help po.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum