Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

constructive dismissal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1constructive dismissal Empty constructive dismissal Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:54 pm

stryker323

Arresto Menor

i was forced to resigned from my previous employer because of the cold shoulder treatment she is giving me plus she was claiming that i was not efficient enought doing my job. i filed a case in nlrc for this. do i have a chance of winning?

2constructive dismissal Empty Re: constructive dismissal Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Can you elaborate more on cold treatment?

3constructive dismissal Empty Re: constructive dismissal Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 am

stryker323

Arresto Menor

my boss wasnt talking to me...i was even transferred to a smaller office with a small table and chair, i tried to talk to her to ask what the problem was but she said she was too busy to talk to me...

4constructive dismissal Empty Re: constructive dismissal Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 am

stryker323

Arresto Menor

san po ba ako makahanap ng lawyer na maliit lang ang bayad?

5constructive dismissal Empty Re: constructive dismissal Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

I never encountered someone filing for illegal dismissal because her boss wouldn't talk to her. Just wait for Atty to comment on your message.

Try PAO

6constructive dismissal Empty Re: constructive dismissal Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:12 pm

kimdejesusb

Arresto Menor

stryker323 wrote:i was forced to resigned from my previous employer because of the cold shoulder treatment she is giving me plus she was claiming that i was not efficient enought doing my job. i filed a case in nlrc for this. do i have a chance of winning?
Constructive dismissal refers to an involuntary resignation resorted to when continued employment becomes impossible, unreasonable or unlikely; when there is a demotion in rank or a diminution in pay; or when a clear discrimination, insensibility or disdain by an employer becomes unbearable to an employee or an unwarranted transfer or demotion of a employee, or other unjustified action prejudicial to the employee.

similar case for me now. i think thats constructive dismissal. i am working for a manpower agency and handling sales who talk to clients who will get people. therefore we are trained to answers questions as such. in fact, if my prospective client want to transfer their people to us, they cant even give them the idea to resign to transfer to us or even just tramsfer because thats constructive dismissal. just the same that our company which is a manpower cannot meet with them to encourage them or even give them options implying to resign and employ to us from another agency.

i hope i explained clearly.

the proof however that we both have is to prove that our employer is doing or done it. (although by default the burden to prove otherwise is on the employer) which is very technical.

We just hope that labor lean towards employee like it usually do and listen to us.

7constructive dismissal Empty Grounds for Constructive Dismissal Wiki Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:15 pm

kimdejesusb

Arresto Menor

I was researching and this can be helpful to you too.

Grounds

Constructive dismissal is typically caused by:

unilateral contract changes by the employer such as:
deliberate[11] cuts in pay or status (even temporary[12]),
persistent delayed wages,
refusal of holiday,[13]
withdrawal of car,[14]
suspension without pay (or even on full pay[15]),
dramatic changes to duties, hours[16] or location (beyond reasonable daily travelling distance[17]), or
breach of contract in the form of bullying, e.g.:
ignoring complaints,[18]
persistent unwanted amorous advances,[19]
bullying and swearing,[20]
verbal abuse (typically referring to gender,[21] size[22] or incompetence[23]),
singling out for no pay rise,[24]
criticising in front of subordinates,[10]
lack of support (e.g. forcing to do two peoples' jobs),[25]
failure to notify a woman on maternity leave of a vacancy which she would have applied for if she had been made aware of it,[26]
refusal to confirm continuity on TUPE transfer,[27]
revealing secret complaints in a reference (even ones required by a regulator[28]), or
breaches such as:
behaviour which is arbitrary, capricious, inequitable, intolerable or outside good industrial practice,[29]
conduct that undermined trust and confidence (i.e. offering an incentive to resign to avoid performance managing capability),[30]
refusal to look for an alternative role due to workplace stress,[31]
disproportionate disciplinary penalty,[32]
employer cons employee into resigning.[33]

SOURCE: WIKI under constrcutive dismissal

Last edited by kimdejesusb on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum