Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

rights of illegitimate childrens

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1rights of illegitimate childrens Empty rights of illegitimate childrens Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:09 pm

babymay

Arresto Menor

Anak po kami ng father ko sa second wife nya which is my mothermy father passed away 1year ago. My father was married with his first wife. They have 3 siblings now that my father is gone already they wanted to get the property which my father gave us..i just wanted to know if what action can we do. My father live with us eversince we were born. Do we have the right to inherit the property that my father gave us?thanks! Godbless

2rights of illegitimate childrens Empty Re: rights of illegitimate childrens Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:25 pm

zetsu028

Arresto Menor

what do you mean by second wife anyway? You're father and mum wed even if the 1st marriage of his is intact or the 1st wife of his died or something? can you explain further?

3rights of illegitimate childrens Empty Re: rights of illegitimate childrens Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 pm

SlowHands

Arresto Menor

Yes. You definitely have the right to inherit the properties your father left. However, ikaw and yung mga full blood siblings mo (i mean kapatid mo both sa mother and father) are only entitled to the share equal to 1/2 of the share ng legitimate children (anak ng father mo and his FIRST wife). According to the Family Code, legitimate children are entitled to the 50% of the properties of their parents. For example, the total amount of the property is one million, assuming that all debts and charges are deducted. The 3 legitimate children are entitled of the 500k, the surviving spouse is entitled of the share of each individual child (500k/3=166,666), and the illegitimate children are entitled of (1/2 of the share of each legitimate child). I hope I explained it well. Thanks.

Last edited by SlowHands on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

4rights of illegitimate childrens Empty Rights of Illegitimate Children Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:27 am

Ladie

Prision Mayor

SlowHands wrote:Yes. You definitely have the right to inherit the properties your father left. However, ikaw and yung mga full blood siblings mo (i mean kapatid mo both sa mother and father) are only entitled to the share equal to 1/2 of the share ng legitimate children (anak ng father mo and his FIRST wife). According to the Family Code, legitimate children are entitled to the 50% of the properties of their parents. For example, the total amount of the property is one million, assuming that all debts and charges are deducted. The 3 legitimate children are entitled of the 500k, the surviving spouse is entitled of the share of each individual child (500k/3=166,666), and the illegitimate children are entitled of 250k (25% of 500k). I hope I explained it well. Thanks.
For SlowHands.... I sent you a private message about my comment on this post. Ladie

5rights of illegitimate childrens Empty rights of illegitimate childrens Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 am

babymay

Arresto Menor

What if po kung may naiwan na kasulatan ang father ko na nagsasabi na ibinenta na nya samin ang lupang kinatatayuan ng bahay namin. Nakapirma po sya sa letter at napanotarize sa abogado nakaindicate po sa letter SALE OF SPECIFIED PORTION OF LAND. Dalawa po ang owner ng titulo ung father ko po at isang anak nya sa 1st wife. May agreement na po kasi sila dati nung buhay pa si papa pinaghati hati na po nya kami sa lupa. Pinatayuan na po namin ng bahay samin po nakatira father ko hanggang mamatay sya. ngayon pong wala na father ko gustong kunin lahat ng anak nya sa 1st wife ung lupang iniwan samin ng father ko. Ano po ba ang Pinakamagandang gawin namin?tnx po godbless.

Last edited by babymay on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

6rights of illegitimate childrens Empty Re: rights of illegitimate childrens Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 pm

SlowHands

Arresto Menor

My computations are amended. Please be guided accordingly and check your inbox babymay. I have private messages for you. And to Ladie, kindly post your computation here so that it will be viewed by many. I insist that computations vary and are good on case to case basis only.

7rights of illegitimate childrens Empty Re: rights of illegitimate childrens Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:26 pm

attyLLL

how did the first marriage end? or did it?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum