Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of an Illegitimate Child

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rights of an Illegitimate Child Empty Rights of an Illegitimate Child Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 pm

Mylene Sy

Arresto Menor

Can i file a case against the father of my child? So as to oblige him to give financial support regularly? He signed the birth certificate and an affidavit of paternity.

The father of my child is married and has three children even before we met (but i never knew that fact about him until a few months before I gave birth to our lovechild). When my daughter was born, he promised to support me financially, which he did until just recently, he seemed to forget his responsibility already. The last time i emailed him, he was so rude, speaking things like "he will never ever accept my daughter". Ever since, his remittance has been inconsistent. One month, he'll send money, the next month, he won't. Now, for 3 consecutive months, he did not send anything.

I'd be grateful for your legal advice.
Thank you.

2Rights of an Illegitimate Child Empty Re: Rights of an Illegitimate Child Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:03 pm

lOst_StuDent

Prision Correccional

Your daughter is entitled to support..
You should seek a lawyer's help.

3Rights of an Illegitimate Child Empty Re: Rights of an Illegitimate Child Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 pm

attyLLL

did the father sign the birth certificate?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Rights of an Illegitimate Child Empty Re: Rights of an Illegitimate Child Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 am

Mylene Sy

Arresto Menor

To AttyLLL: Yes, he signed on the second page of the birth certificate (affidavit of acknowledgement/ admission of paternity).

5Rights of an Illegitimate Child Empty Re: Rights of an Illegitimate Child Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:11 am

attyLLL

in that case, you can either file a civil case for support or a criminal case for economic abuse.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum