Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Working without a contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Working without a contract  Empty Working without a contract Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:44 pm

psychologistintraining

Arresto Menor

I am currently working as a faculty at a reputable institution in Manila. I started working there back in July 2013. According to a written document, my employment will be effective starting July 8, 2013

The university hasn't paid me me anything yet for 3 months already and they haven't given me a contract. They will be issuing my contract just now (Oct 2013).

1. Should they compensate me for my service from July- September? Is there a legal implication for this?

2. Can I not go to work starting today since they still do not have a contract for me?

2Working without a contract  Empty Re: Working without a contract Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Yes. They should pay you

2. having no contract is not an excuse being absent. They might charge you with awol

3Working without a contract  Empty Re: Working without a contract Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:13 pm

psychologistintraining

Arresto Menor

HR Adviser wrote:1. Yes. They should pay you

2. having no contract is not an excuse being absent. They might charge you with awol
Thank you for the answer

1. They should but on what grounds? Is there a labor law or declaration from DOLE

4Working without a contract  Empty Re: Working without a contract Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:36 pm

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

psychologistintraining wrote:
HR Adviser wrote:1. Yes. They should pay you

Thank you for the answer

1. They should but on what grounds? Is there a labor ilaw or declaration from DOLE
------
they should pay you for services rendered retroactive eff July 8,  generally issuance of faculty appnt/contract  were given a bit late due to some documentary requirements that needs to be done/processed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum