Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lesbian couples planning to have a kid through Artificial insemination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wickedchiq

Arresto Menor

Hi good day!
First of all, i wanted to thank the people who took a few moments of their time to read and answer my inquiry.

Facts: I have been in a lesbian relationship for 4 years already. My partner and I decided to raise a child through artificial insemination, and if possible I would be the one who would physically carry the child.

Issues:
1. What would be the status of my child, since he/she will be born out of wedlock? In such circumstance, is he/she automatically an illegitimate child?
2. Can my child carry both me and my partner's surname? or we would still go through a process or seek a court decision maybe?

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

wolfwise

Arresto Menor

1. He/she is an illegitimate child since he/she will be born out of wedlock.
2. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother.

You, as the biological mother, may adopt him/her later and raise his/her status to a legitimate child. If the biological father (donor) is known, his consent is required. However, I'm afraid you, as partners, cannot jointly adopt the child.

3Lesbian couples planning to have a kid through Artificial insemination Empty Big thanks Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:59 pm

wickedchiq

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum