Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need your advise

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need your advise Empty need your advise Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:21 pm

andy0278

Arresto Menor

Sir, need your legal advise regarding this matter. My cousin was arrested yesterday, he was brought to the police station and he was being interrogated because they found an unmarked gun in his car. He was not aware that there was a gun in his car 1 pc.(.45 caliber). Apparently, he loaned his car to a friend last week and he didnt know where his friend brought the car, his friend returned the car last Monday, and when my cousin used the car to go and buy some groceries he was arrested and interrogated. His car is now detained in the police station.

He has no knowledge about the unmarked gun found in his car and he was threatened by the police officers regarding the case. They mentioned to him that his car was used to transport illegal firearms, he was not allowed to call for a lawyer, all his personal belongings were confiscated and the police officers were hinting for him to give them money to release the car and clear his case.

My cousin was set-up, he's afraid and don't know what to do because the "police officers" might harm his family.

Need your advise on how he can proceed.

2need your advise Empty Re: need your advise Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:25 pm

attyLLL

andy, i take it that he has not been detained?

to be honest, this story of lending the car and i didn't know it was there sounds fishy, but nevertheless, he has rights. the search and seizure of the car may have been illegal if there was no cause to search his car.

i recommend that he formally challenge the search and detention of the vehicle. unfortunately, this will take time and expense on his part for retaining legal counsel.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3need your advise Empty Re: need your advise Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 pm

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

The car should be released. You could just execute an undertaking that you will bring the car to court whenever needed.

sifone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum