Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer failed to update PhilHealth

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Employer failed to update PhilHealth Empty Employer failed to update PhilHealth Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:27 pm

mcflacko

Arresto Menor

I resigned last October 2012 from my previous job. January 2013, i was hired by my present employer and signed a 3-month contract. The 3rd month elapsed and until now, i am working under no contract or papers. Currently, i am on my 8th month and in a medical situation.

I went to a clinic to have my tonsils checked as well as to find remedy for my recurring sleep apnea episodes. Doc told me that i have to undergo sleep test and tonsilectomy. However, both medical procedures did not push through as they are not covered by our company insurance.

I was told by the clinic that i have to shoulder the expenses for the tonsilectomy and with a PhilHealth Card, i would get a great discount. I raised some funds but weren't enough to cover my hospitalization. This led me to consider asking help from my employer.

I was told that our PhilHealth was not yet updated and was told that an option would be for the company to lend me money and I will pay them when the reimbursement form PhilHealth will be given. This did not happen obviously.

I was scheduled for operation and i had to cancel it as i dont have my philhealth updated by our company yet and i was still raising funds. I already had my laboratory test taken that time ans was covered by insurance. However, the doc told me the result was only valid for 15 days.

I asked again the company what help they can give and my boss said that she will assign one person to do the philhealth updating.

Presently, until this date, company has not yet given me a response if my philhealth got updated or not. What is worse now is that i have to do the lab tests again and insurance will no longer cover it saying that it is another repeat of the same lab tests. In short, I am left to shoulder the expenses for round 2 lab test.

Out of my frustration, i even thought of going to philhealth and update my account myself for the company. But i said, it shouldn't be my task.

Honestly, i feel really frustrated that i have to beg my employer several times to update my PhilHealth so i can push through with the operation and for me to avail of the benefits that should, supposedly be, something i can rightfully demand.

My operation is scheduled 5 days from now, and i havent done the lab tests yet. My employer has no response yet on my verbal inquiry if it was processed.

Did my employer violate any clause under the labor code of the philippines? Like me working with no contract? failure to update my philhealth? or can i sue them for the inconvenience they have caused to my medical condition?

I am thinking of resigning immediately after the operation. Will i have to render the needed 30 days period for transition?

Please help me on this. Hope to hear from u the soonest before my operation.

2Employer failed to update PhilHealth Empty Re: Employer failed to update PhilHealth Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

I suggest you file a complaint for non payment of mandatory benefits. Its your employer duty to update it. That's why your benefits also affected.

In this scenario, your employer has big accountability.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum