Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRC license change of name

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PRC license change of name Empty PRC license change of name Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:24 pm

marsley0509

Arresto Menor

hi pinoylawyer! i would like to ask for an advice regarding my name in my prc license. i got married in 2007 and was so excited to use my husband's surname that i change all my identification cards...but unfortunately the marriage didn't go well and we decided to go separate ways....but not yet on papers. every time i renew my license i am thinking if there is a possibility that i can change my name back to my maiden name, i mean use my fathers surname again with out the annulment paper. thank you!

2PRC license change of name Empty Re: PRC license change of name Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:29 am

Atty.Melki

Arresto Mayor

Based on a Supreme Court decision, you have to consistently use your husband's surname in your passport (this seems to apply to all IDs), once you already began to use said surname. You cannot revert to your maiden name until your marriage has ended. The reason for this is to avoid confusion.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum