Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deed of Donation Process Question

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deed of Donation Process Question Empty Deed of Donation Process Question Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 am

tinioc50

Arresto Menor

My 2 sisters and myself inherited a piece of residential lot in the Philippines. The Certificate of Title indicated our names and the names of our spouses. Through a verbal agreement with my sisters, they agreed that I can own the residential lot being the youngest in the family. Now, I decided to transfer the title in my only child's name. My son is married with a son in the US. A deed of donation is being being attempted to process, but here's the problem. My other sister's husband died and part of the deed of donation requires our spouse's consent. My deceased brother-in-law obviously cannot sign because he died. What is the right approach to this situation? Pls. advise. Thank you so much.

2Deed of Donation Process Question Empty Re: Deed of Donation Process Question Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:50 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

tinioc50 wrote:My 2 sisters and myself inherited a piece of residential lot in the Philippines. The Certificate of Title indicated our names and the names of our spouses. Through a verbal agreement with my sisters, they agreed that I can own the residential lot being the youngest in the family. Now, I decided to transfer the title in my only child's name. My son is married with a son in the US. A deed of donation is being being attempted to process, but here's the problem. My other sister's husband died and part of the deed of donation requires our spouse's consent. My deceased brother-in-law obviously cannot sign because he  died. What is the right approach to this situation? Pls. advise. Thank you so much.
Did he die recently? = Are his assets splited yet, so it can be seen who are allowed to sign for the land instead of him?
If so, then just let the official hier/hiers of this land sign.
(I BELIEVE it's your sister signing for her dead husband too, but I'm not sure, perhaps it's needed from e g their children.)

3Deed of Donation Process Question Empty Re: Deed of Donation Process Question Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 am

tinioc50

Arresto Menor

He died in 2009, but if the 3 of us are the heirs, why does it still require our spouse's consent?

4Deed of Donation Process Question Empty Re: Deed of Donation Process Question Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 am

Estate Tax Management

Arresto Menor

Good morning tinioc50,

Please consult a lawyer, they know what to do.
You have no problem.

5Deed of Donation Process Question Empty Re: Deed of Donation Process Question Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:04 am

Estate Tax Management

Arresto Menor

Or, you can also go to BIR and inquire.
They will tell you the requirements.

6Deed of Donation Process Question Empty Re: Deed of Donation Process Question Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:45 pm

kolokoy7949

kolokoy7949
Prision Correccional

Your Son, was born in the U.S or in The Philippines?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum