Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

is my marriage void?

+4
Meero
coolightbulb
neriejhane
meangirl
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1is my marriage void? Empty is my marriage void? Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:46 am

meangirl

Arresto Menor

Last 2006 po, my ex who is father of my son, get the marriage certificate out the registrar office and then he went to all witness to signed the marriage contract as witnesses and then he went to mayor house to signed the marriage contract. Then sumbit to registrar office and now there is a copy in NSO that I'm married though there is no actual marriage happened. ,. What is best to do po as I want to marry my new bf in church ?

2is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:28 pm

neriejhane

Arresto Menor

paano mo po papatunayan na ganun ang nangyari? kahit sabihin mo pa kc na ganun nga po ang nangyari way back basta may marriage certificate na lumabas sa NSO it means kasal ka po. magpa annul k nlng po cguro muna......

3is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 pm

meangirl

Arresto Menor

I can prove it as one of witness is my aunt, I'm 3 weeks to labor on our son the date of marriage. I went to PAO before say need affidavit That they signed it all those witnesses who signed the marriage contract and now my ex has live in partner and has 1 child, in that case against them

4is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:57 pm

meangirl

Arresto Menor

From that said date of marriage october 27 , 2006 we separated after 11 months. September 2007 its about 6 years ago. Hope the lawyer here advice me what to do..

5is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:47 am

coolightbulb

Arresto Menor

Your marriage is void ab initio. There was no consent freely given by you before a solemnizing officer and there was no marriage ceremony celebrated. File a petition for declaration of nullity.

6is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:58 am

meangirl

Arresto Menor

Thank you..that help me po on my first step

7is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Meero

Arresto Menor

Good day po.,,

ask ko lang if my marriage is void or can be annulled..
way back 2003 ikinasal kami sa city hall ng manila but the marriage certificate was address to city hall of san juan..then after a 3 years of our marriage we separated .until last year decided na mgpaannulled so i ask for a copy of cemar sa nso..pero ang binigay nila sa akin ay CENOMAr..then ask him na mgrequest sya ng marriage contract sa nso pero positve ,meron kami marriage certificate..both details were correct ng ngfill up kami para sa copy na hinihngi namin ..kya naguguluhan ako kung legal ba ang ngng kasal namin or hndi?? and also 2005 ngaapply ako ng passport using married surname ng ex husband ko.at ang marriage certificate na ipinasa ko sa DFA ay yung galing sa munisipyo..kaya hndi ko rin alam kung anu ifile ko ...null or void marriage ba or annulment..at saan ba ako dapat magumpisa..

8is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:41 pm

severo

Arresto Menor

Hello po. itatanong ko lang po sana ung situation ko. may kinakasama na po ako ngayon two years na at nsa abroad po akp ngaun. may una po ako asawa kasal po kmi ng two years noon 2010 that time po 20 yrs old ung babae at ang pumirma mo sa contract nmin ing step dad nia na nkapangalan sa nanay nia. nasa abroad po kasi ung nabay nia nung time na ikakasal kmi. pwde po bang ma void un?

9is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm

severo

Arresto Menor

Ano po pwdeng gwin dun para po mavoid. hndi po ung nanay nia ang pumirma dun sa parent consent of mariage liscence

10is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Atty.Melki

Arresto Mayor

Severo, your marriage is valid. Irregularity in a formal requisite to marriage renders the marriage valid.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

11is my marriage void? Empty thank you po Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:32 am

severo

Arresto Menor

Ano po pwdeng gwin para mpwalang bisa? gusto ko po sna maghwalay kmi at pkasalan ko ung ngaun.

12is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:04 pm

wormzzz

Arresto Menor

Atty.Melki, Irregularity of a formal requisite to a marriage DOES NOT render the marriage valid. It simply does nothing to its validity.

13is my marriage void? Empty Question Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 pm

severo

Arresto Menor

Uulitin ko lang po ha. ano po ibig sbhin nun na ung pumirma sa contract nmin sa parental consent is yung step dad nia pero nkapangalan po sa nanay nia ibg sbhin pineke po ung pirma ng nanay nia doon.

14is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:17 am

jd888

severo wrote:Uulitin ko lang po ha. ano po ibig sbhin nun na ung pumirma sa contract nmin sa parental consent is yung step dad nia pero nkapangalan po sa nanay nia ibg sbhin pineke po ung pirma ng nanay nia doon.
The Marriage is Valid and have no faults; thesame does not make the marriage voidable.

Article 35 of Executive Order No. 209, otherwise known as the Family Code of the Philippines, enumerates six causes for having a marriage be declared void from the beginning, to wit: (1) when a marriage is contracted by any party below eighteen (18) years of age even with the consent of parents or guardians; (2) when a marriage is solemnized by any person not legally authorized to perform marriages, unless such marriage was contracted with either or both parties believing in good faith that the solemnizing officer had the legal authority to do so; (3) when a marriage is solemnized without license, except those covered under Title I, Chapter 2 of the Family Code; (4) when a marriage is bigamous or polygamous and not falling under Article 41; (5) when a marriage is contracted through mistake of one contracting party as to the identity of the other; and (6) a subsequent marriage which is void under Article 53.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

15is my marriage void? Empty Re: is my marriage void? Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 am

Atty.Melki

Arresto Mayor

Wormzzz, if you think that my advice is incorrect, send me a pm and let's brainstorm. That would be the polite way to do it, would you agree?

Anyways, the marriage is valid.

wormzzz wrote:Atty.Melki, Irregularity of a formal requisite to a marriage DOES NOT render the marriage valid. It simply does nothing to its validity.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum