Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I would like to ask help in creating a construction bond release letter.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gee2013

Arresto Menor

To give you a little background, this is what happened:
After the completion of our house construction and submission of our occupancy permit, the realtor’s inspector did a site visit for our construction bond release. He noted three things:

1. We need to remove the temporary fence we built in front of our house
2. We have to clear the subdivision’s pathway from hardened cement caused by cement mixing during construction.
3. We have to fix the road gutter damaged caused by the delivery truck driver.

We did comply to the realtor’s requirements, so they did another inspection. When I called the realtor’s office after the inspection to do a follow up, they informed us that they withheld the release of our construction bond because the inspector noted that our house was not finished because it was halfway painted when they did an inspection. I would like to insist that they release the bond because the major construction was already finished and painting is just one of the finishing touches. We did not violate the rules. The house dimension is exactly the same as what is in the house plan and we already secured an occupancy permit. We can still occupy the house with or without painting it so it should not be an issue at all. I feel that they are just delaying the release of the construction bond for whatever reason. If it was an issue, then they should have told us during the first inspection.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

gee2013 wrote:We can still occupy the house with or without painting it so it should not be an issue at all. I feel that they are just delaying the release of the construction bond for whatever reason. If it was an issue, then they should have told us during the first inspection.
Yes, it seem fishy.
What do the contract say about painting demands? If nothing, I suppouse you would winn in court, BUT such take very long time.
What do they say, when you say nothing was said about the paint in the first inspection?

Reason? Perhaps they try to get bribe?

Is the inspector employed by the developer? If so, it can perhaps be worth talking to the boss, specialy if they try to sell more, because bad reputation can scare away possible buyers... Twisted Evil  Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum