Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA Empty NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 am

ney13

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I resigned a past few weeks from my x company because of some issues regarding our job and they ask us to choice to continue our job or to resign and I choose to resign. I have no bad records on my x company and worked for almost 3 years at that company. As a supervisor and what you called as "kanang kamay ng boss", I handled some confidential files which are about the sales of the company. I'm in the sales job but majority of my work is through documentations.

When I resigned, they want me to sign a Non Competition Agreement which have 2 clauses.
Clause 1 - banned me not copy, imitate etc the processes, files, drawings etc about the company for 10 years (not to divulge any confidential information about the company and not to pirate any employee of the company) and if there have been any damages done by me "daw" I will pay for 1 Million Pesos for this.
Clause 2 - That i will be banned to work with competitors and clients for 1 year.

I've understand the clause 2 for banning for a year on there competitors and clients. My question are do I need to sign this NDA after my resignation? Is it my right not to sign the NDA though the HR said that the only consequences upon not signing the NDA is that they will hold my last salary? I have cleared all they want me to turn over upon signing of clearance to them but I don't have a copy because I did not yet sign the NDA.

I don't have any plans to establish a company same as my x company, I am not financially capable to it as what they think and I am not that expose on their competitors and clients also.

Please help me.

Thank you

2NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA Empty Re: NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:32 pm

ney13

Arresto Menor

patulong po....

3NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA Empty Re: NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT / NCA Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:01 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Ney13,

If you don't have a plan in divulging any confidential information of the company and if the clauses are are viable, I think you should.

If you do not fully understand the clauses better ask your HR if you could bring someone to discuss the details with you especially those in fine print.

We also have Non-Disclosure Affidavit in our company for the employees who are handling confidential information.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum