Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non Compete/Non disclosure

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non Compete/Non disclosure Empty Non Compete/Non disclosure Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am

PinoyVA

Arresto Menor

Hello Attorney,

I have question regarding Non compete/Non Solicitation issue on employment, can you give me some piece of advice? (I also withheld the names of the parties to make it private)

We are a US Based company in Alabang, we have an ex-employee who recently resigned from work (non office issue, she is a mother of three and wanted to take care of their children while her husband is away)

One of our clients told us that this ex-employee contacted him via email and ask for a home based job, since she left this position and we are still looking for a possible staff replacement this project is paused. But then, since she is trained to do the work/project, the client gave her the job to work from home. She dropped rate to compete with the salary as well.

She even emailed the client to compete with the company and open a similar office same with our business. Since the project is paused, we also loss income or earnings from this project.

As per the Management, can we use the Non compete/solicitation vs. the ex-employee? We sent her a letter last week defining what's the content of the contract regarding this matter. As of now we did not hear any from the ex-employee.

What will be our next step onto this?

Thanks,

Pinay Shocked

Last edited by PinoyVA on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and content)

2Non Compete/Non disclosure Empty Re: Non Compete/Non disclosure Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:10 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Post the exact terms of your non-compete clause.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Non Compete/Non disclosure Empty Re: Non Compete/Non disclosure Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:16 am

PinoyVA

Arresto Menor

Thanks Sir.

contract signed May 24, 2014 Under Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation:

“(b) for a period of (3)years following termination of your employment with ***company. for any reason, you will not, directly or indirectly, and in any capacity of whatsoever seek to induce or encourage any customer to take any action which will result in their discontinuance or reduction in the level of business previously conducted with **** to compete the company for such business.

4Non Compete/Non disclosure Empty Re: Non Compete/Non disclosure Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

You can file for a civil case afterwards. But prepare for your evidence to prove your allegation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum