Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suspension without verbal, or written warning or disciplinary hearing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cluelessgirl

Arresto Menor

hi, i was suspended 3 years ago Sept 2010 due to excessive tardiness. I understand that i need to be in the office on a specific time. I was never given a NTE Memo, no verbal warning no written warning and there is no disciplinary hearing either, what i just received was just a letter with all my infractions and just asking for an explanation why i should not be suspended. i was not even given a copy of the resolution. is this a justified suspension. what can i do? can i file a complaint against the company and the HR? and if i file against them do i have to resign? thanks

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

dapat ang una mo ginawa e sinagot mo ang sulat..."why u should not be suspended"...

ibig sabihin nasuspend ka? Offenses lang ang natanggap mo, may kasama na sentensya agad?

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Maghahabol ka ng karapqtan mo na three years ago pa na suspension? Baka po wala na habol. Pero kunwari lately lang... Dapat mo may nte muna then you explain then penalty. Even if may biometrics po ang company may due process dapat. Eventually natutuloy ang suspension pero bibigyan ka ng chance magexplain. If you complain sa nlrc po dapat but you risk getting fired if you make a big deal out of the suspension. No need to resign btw. Kaso syempre sa katotohanan po napagiinitan ang mga empleydo na tatakbo sa nlrc.

cluelessgirl

Arresto Menor

Yes i was suspended NTE tapos suspension na no verbal and written warning,

bellaalice18

bellaalice18
Arresto Mayor

Hi! I have the same situation. I was suspended 4 days in total as a penalty for my 4 days absences, 3 of which was supposedly a medical/sick leave and the other absence was because my husband was sick. When I went back to report back for work, I gave all the med certs including my husband's to justify my absences. No NTE was given to me. After 4 days, I was given 3 NTEs; 1) for my 3 absences which was originally filed for medical leave 2) for my husband's sickness 3) for violation on company procedures and processes ( displaying uncontrolled behavior while on mute and on a call which happened on the 4th day after I went back to work, [I work in a BPO btw] ). The imposable penalties were 3-day suspension for my 3 day s absences, 1 day suspension for the behavior and termination for my 1 day absence due to my husband's sickness. I was given 5 days to explain in writing. Our Code of Conduct states that if the imposable penalty is suspension of more than 1 day and for termination cases, an admin hearing should be performed and it doesn't say that an explanation letter is a prerequisite to admin hearing. No admin hearing was done. I did not give any explanation letter as I was waiting for an admin hearing as well. On the 8th day from issuance of the NTEs, my supervisor went for a vacation leave thus delaying the due process I have been waiting. After 14 days 2 NODs were presented to me; 1) 3-day suspension for my 3 days absences and 2) 1 day suspension for my uncontrolled behavior. I filed an appeal because I find the penalty unjust and unfair as I was not given an ample time to be heard. My supervisor then got mad and was pointing out that my stats are not good so I shouldn't complain. My point was I was not given due process. I also don't have any form of verbal and written warning. This supervisor started humiliating me in front of my team mates and in the social media. Even my leave credits were manipulated. I decided to resign forcefully because I can't take stress anymore. But I'm planning to file for a case at NLRC.

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

cluelessgirl,
was that your first offense? what is the sanction for such committed act indicated in your company policy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum