Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NTE written warning with 4 violation evidence is coming from social media

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir/Madam,

Here is my story, I received an NTE yesterday from our HR. One of my peers complained against me using the screenshot from the messenger of facebook. They accused me by inappropriately using my position against the complainant. I never mentioned any names of the company there. And when I reviewed the code of ethics of our company they didn't mentioned that using a social media by answering someones question is prohibited and ground for any violation. The complainant once to be my former friend before and she is from a different department. Is the NTE valid? I hope you answered my question. Thank you.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes an NTE is always valid. It is merely asking you to explain your side. The sanctions they may impose on you, that is what you should determine if its appropriate or not.

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

Hi Luke, I understand thank you. However, for the said sanction they provide 4 violations but I don't think it's valid. The evidence i coming from a social media. Is it justifiable? Thanks

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

After the NTE I have a hearing on thursday with them. What I am confused about is the incident report filed against me. Because she used the messenger for the screenshot.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

what did you say in the screenshot? using social media might not be an offense but what you said could

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

This is the real story, we have an ongoing project that involves travel to canada. One of my friend did not make it on the cut. And the complainant ask me first why are u getting mad at me. I said i am not angry I am just a bit disappointed. And I was carried away and I told her that I have the access with confi info and the list for canada selection. And I questioned her are u part of management to decide?

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

This is real screenshot i hope you can help analyze everything.

"Saka please part kb ng decision making?
Ok lang un sinira nyo na un trsut eh so di nyo na maibabalik un
Magtrabaho nalang kau professionally hehe
I know it all.. oh common please
May access ako sa mga confi info na.. hehe.. perfect choice un line up ng canada nakita ko plang haha.. ok lang un pero ang tanong kc dun bkit kelangan magsinungaling? At hndi maging transparent sa tao nya?
Ayoko nalang magsalita about sa iba.. mngt perspective I know it all.. galawan nila jan sa taas.. disappointed ako sa inyo sobra..

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

what are they "charging" you with?

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

Inappropriate used of position
Interference of severe relationship from the other department
Arrogance towards colleague
Intervene that might has direct interest
Thats the breakdown for the incident report
But for the violation in out code of ethics
There is a harassment and abuse which is zero tolerance
I cant remember the three but its more on conflict or something

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

evidence coming from a social media is valid.

from my understanding the complainant filed a harassment against you and her proof is what you have said in the social media, which is just a medium used.

Thegrounds wrote:Hi Luke, I understand thank you. However, for the said sanction they provide 4 violations but I don't think it's valid. The evidence i coming from a social media. Is it justifiable? Thanks

Thegrounds

Arresto Menor

Hi Mikos23 thanks for your comment. Even it's not part of our code of conduct? She ask me first what I feel. So did I harrass her by saying what I feel about what happen?

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

as I've stated, its just a medium... or the way that was used in this scenario.

As I've also stated, from my understanding of this:

"Inappropriate used of position
Interference of severe relationship from the other department
Arrogance towards colleague
Intervene that might has direct interest
Thats the breakdown for the incident report
But for the violation in out code of ethics
There is a harassment and abuse which is zero tolerance
I cant remember the three but its more on conflict or something"

that it is a harassment case. Usually harassment case are filed because of the "feelings" of the person harassed. One time you might be the best of friends but the next time your friend might feel differently.

So yes, if the offended person feel harassed by what you said, that person can file a case against you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum