Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tardiness of Managerial Employee

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tardiness of Managerial Employee Empty Tardiness of Managerial Employee Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 pm

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

To All,

I would like to ask if it's legal to deduct tardiness on Managers? If yes, is there any legal basis or jurisprudence on this? Or it's an exercise of management prerogative?

I'm working as HR & Admin Personnel in a Singaporean company in Makati. My boss from Singapore instructed me to review the number of hours lates without reason and deduct if from their salary. My opinion is, before they acquired our company,  existing practice na namin na flexible schedule ang mga Managers, even they arrived late most of the time (9:30-10am) they extend hours. Our office hours is 9am-6pm most of them stayed between 8pm-10 sometimes 3am pa ( Sales & Marketing (pag prepare ng bidding & demo) & Technical Operations- for solving technical problems). And besides, Managers also do not have overtime pay even mag stay sila beyond 6pm.  

Please enlighten me.

Thank you.

Arlene

Last edited by skittle0506 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong grammar)

2Tardiness of Managerial Employee Empty Re: Tardiness of Managerial Employee Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:47 pm

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

check your company policies re: time n pay off for supervisors, generally extra work/time should be properly compensated, thus tardiness and undertimes should be deducted accordingly..

3Tardiness of Managerial Employee Empty Re: Tardiness of Managerial Employee Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:04 pm

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

Per Company Policy, it's clear that the tardiness of rank & file employees is deductible on their salary. However, for the Supervisor and Managers it's been a long practice that no tardiness should be deducted on their salary since Supervisors and Managers are not entitled to overtime pay.

Thank you.

4Tardiness of Managerial Employee Empty Re: Tardiness of Managerial Employee Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:34 pm

attyLLL

i don't think that's proper unless it was first established that there is a certain time that they should arrive.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Tardiness of Managerial Employee Empty Re: Tardiness of Managerial Employee Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:26 pm

jhade82

jhade82
Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Our company policy states that all employees must have a schedule plotted on our web-based time clock. But it does not indicate that all Supervisory level and up should adhere to the schedule since most of them are on flexible schedule. Plotting of schedule is merely to identify if employee has shift or on off for a certain day. One of the Department head has released email to their employees that Supervisors also need to adhere to their schedules and tardiness and undertime will also be applicable to them if necessary. I would like to ask if the above mentioned process is fair enough although Supervisors are not entitled for any overtime pay?

Thanks and more power.

6Tardiness of Managerial Employee Empty Re: Tardiness of Managerial Employee Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if it's already company practice that Managers have flexi time and they dont get paid overtime, then you should not deduct any lates. Explain it to your Singaporean boss that company practices that has been in place can not be changed instantly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum