Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

paternal acknowledgment

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1paternal acknowledgment Empty paternal acknowledgment Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:25 pm

pontiac2009

Arresto Menor

good morning.i have 2 kids who are using their dad's name though me and him have no record of marriage in NSO and i got a singleness certificate too.in their BC it shows that a marriage happened between the 2 of us.my questions are:
1) are my kids legitimate or not
2) if i want to get passports for them, will there be a conflict with regards to their names since i dnt have Marriage Cert to show.Is DFA going to follow the names in their BC?
3) is it possible for my kid's dad to get an affidavit of acknowledgment of them and to register it late?
4) what is the best and fast thing i could do because i want to get my kids asap

my deep appreciation and thanks for advices you could give me.Regards.

2paternal acknowledgment Empty Re: paternal acknowledgment Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:50 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Geez! I doubt that you will be granted a passport for your children by the DFA. They do require marriage certificate if you wish to get your children a passport. Using their father's name when you are not married can conflict situation for your children. Although he acknowledge the children and they are using his surname, you made a mistake putting on their birth certificate that you are married. It would be easier to prove that the kids are using their father's surname because they were acknowledge by the father although you are not married, therefore the DFA will not require marriage certificate from you but they will require a letter from the kids father allowing you to take the kids out of the country.

3paternal acknowledgment Empty Re: paternal acknowledgment Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm

attyLLL

imo, the proper remedy will be to hire a lawyer and file a petition to correct the birth certificates first.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4paternal acknowledgment Empty paternal acknowledgment Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

single_lady

Arresto Menor

what if the case is parents are actually married but not registered to NSO since it is solemnized abroad? Will DFA acknowledge the marriage certificate?

5paternal acknowledgment Empty Re: paternal acknowledgment Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:38 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Of course they will! have it authenticated where you got married at the Embassy abroad, before applying for your child passport.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum