Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legality of Random Drug Testing in the workplace?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HTC_skid

Arresto Menor

Hi. Is random drug testing still legal in the workplace?

I've been doing some research and I read DOLE Department Order 53-03. However some of the questions in my mind are still let unanswered.

1. Is random drug testing in the workplace still allowed?

2. If an employee is found to be positive on the drug tests including the confirmatory test, can that be a justifiable ground for dismissal?

Is the referral for a rehabilitation program mandatory?

Thank you very much! I really need answers to this.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Yes It is still Legal.

2. No. It is not a ground for dismissal if it is the first time.

Once the employee is found to be positive during the random and confirmatory drug testing, he will be ask to voluntarily send himself to rehab for six months. he must have a clearance from his doctor that he is fit to work. After which, if he still tested positive for drug test, that's the time he can be terminated.

You don't need to be worried if you don't do drugs Smile

HTC_skid

Arresto Menor

I am more on the employer side. hehehe.

Follow up question, why can't it be a ground for dismissal if the random drug test yields a positive result for the first time? What's the basis?

Thanks! Smile 

HTC_skid

Arresto Menor

Still looking for additional feedback on this one. thanks in advance

attyLLL

yes, it is legal. court ruled in sjs vs. ddb http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2008/november2008/157870.htm

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum