Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DNA testing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DNA testing Empty DNA testing Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 am

bubbly08

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone! i would like to seek for some advice. this is just a continuation of my last post before. what happened was my brother dated someone before and then the girl got pregnant and he's pointing out that my brother is the father of her child. actually that girl is not his GF.the girl gave birth already. at first they were demanding for too much money from us but we managed to compromise with them.my brother even signed the birth certificate to give his surname.but after all that happened, i am still not sure and not contented that the baby is my brothers child.after all she' is not really his GF and we all dont know what happened behind my brother's back.so right now what i want is a DNA test.we told this to the family of the girl.the girl and her mother agreed but the father said that ok, we will do DNA testing but once this proves that my brother is the real father then they will file a case against us, because my brother abused her daughter! i was really upset when i heard this because why will they now file a case against my brother after we asked for DNA test? we are not turning out back to support the baby.we just want to be sure about everything and we just want to prove that the baby is ours so that we can accept him whole heartedly and w/o hesitation. what case can they file to my brother? there was no abuse that happened bec. the girl knew what happened between them.there was no harassment or anything and my brother is supporting the child right now even if its not yet proven.

2DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

attyLLL

it depends what they will allege. it can range from rape to abduction with consent. in you previous thread, i said he didn't have to acknowledge the child yet, but since he did, it will require a court case, and not just a dna test, to remove his name from the birth certificate.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:26 pm

rocky

Arresto Menor

good day!

I almost have the same situation as bubbly08's brother. The girl that got pregnant is pointing me to be the father of her child. I have signed the birth certificate of the child but now I have doubts that the kid is really mine.
If say, I will have a DNA test done and the result will be negative, how will I go about removing my name on the child's birth certificate...

By the way, the girl is married but I don't think she still communicates with her husband.

4DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:31 pm

attyLLL

did she declare herself to be married in the birth certificate?

5DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:37 pm

rocky

Arresto Menor

Hi!

Honestly I am not sure. I just signed for her to stop bothering me. But may I know what will bethe difference if sh declared herself married or not in the birth certificate? Thank you in advance.

6DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:44 pm

attyLLL

since she is married, you are not even allowed to declare yourself the father because the child, being born by a married mother, should be the legitimate child of the mother and the husband.

7DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:51 pm

rocky

Arresto Menor

I see. But they are no longer together. May I Know if it is still possible to retract the paper that i have signed? What are the ways to do this? Or is there a possibility? She's almost threatening to ruin my life and will bother my future gf or wife ig i will not give support. Thanks again

8DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:46 pm

attyLLL

your remedy is to file a petition in court to correct the birth certificate

9DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:51 pm

rocky

Arresto Menor

Thank you for all the responses. I was planning to do that but since i have already signed the birth cer, is it true that court will order to have a dna test done at my cost even if the girl is married? If that is the case then is it ok to have a dna test first before filing a petition?

10DNA testing Empty Re: DNA testing Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 pm

attyLLL

yes, you can have the dna test first

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum