Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Needs legal advise re: use of illegal drugs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nicolasreyes

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Just yesterday, me and my housemate who happens to be my officemate had an argument regarding money(utility payables). Honestly, I was drunk and smoked a small amount of marijuana. I snapped out and got angry towards him when he's threatening me to move out from our apartment. I physically assaulted him by attempting to punch him. However, my sanity prevailed.I just threw down a canister within my reach to the floor. I did not harm him not even able to touch his skin.

He went right away to the barangay peace officers and gave them details that I have an attitude problem under the influence of illegal drugs. He is so persistent to put me to waste that he also filed a police report citing me as a drug user and recommending me to be put behind bars or be put under a rehabilitation.

I am not that good with the knowledge of the law, however, somehow I know my basic rights.

He's threatening me to resign from office or else he will take actions to our HR and recommend me for termination. In addition to that, he is assuring me that he has digital pictures taken from his cellphone which he will use as evidence.

My questions are:

•Can I be proven guilty due to physical assault.

•Can he have the police seize me just based on his allegations(pertaining to possession and use of illegal drugs)?

•Does he have the right to file complaints against me through our HR and recommend me for termination? And if so, is it legal for the company to terminate my contract just merely because of this type of complaints and mere accusations?

•Can digital pictures be used as evidence?

I direly need your advise.

Thank you,
Anonymous

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum