Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can my company penalize me for posting about other companies(vacancies) in my own social media accounts?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aceking00

Arresto Menor

Hi,
Help me please, as our HR orientation recently concerning some revisions in our company's Code of Conduct dictates that we are not allowed to post about other similar business companies even in our own Social Media accounts which I feel is a violation of our freedom of speech, I mean so long as we don't mention our company's name in a bad light compared to other companies, we think we shouldn't be reprimanded for it, am I right? Please enlighten us...Smile

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You are wrong! when you sign the contract did you read all the rules? Any similar business companies are regarded as competitor to your company so if you are promoting other similar company you are  violating your contract with your company. Mad
Even if you don't mention your company's name, some people will know where you work!

Kumbaga sa asawa, kapag kasal ka na at nakatali na malalaman ng mga nakaka kilala sa iyo at ipagmamalaki mo ba ang ibang babae bukod sa asawa mo? Gusto mo bang ma boljak! Evil or Very Mad

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

very well said AMV!!!

aceking00

Arresto Menor

AWV wrote:You are wrong! when you sign the contract did you read all the rules? Any similar business companies are regarded as competitor to your company so if you are promoting other similar company you are �violating your contract with your company.�Mad
Even if you don't mention your company's name, some people will know where you work!

Kumbaga sa asawa, kapag kasal ka na at nakatali na malalaman ng mga nakaka kilala sa iyo at ipagmamalaki mo ba ang ibang babae bukod sa asawa mo? Gusto mo bang ma boljak!�Evil or Very Mad

Catchy comment, I admit as the other guy was even moved to comment "very well said". I feel it's all candor but no substance.
Now don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from but still, this had just been added as mentioned in my post in the revised Code of Conduct that my company recently implemented. Are you saying they own my page in these social media sites? Somehow I feel inclined to disagree with you, unless of course you can direct me to a certain document to prove your point. So I can't help my friends thru social media by informing them of a job opening at a certain company for the mere, unjust reason that it is in the same field of business as my employer? Seems there is something wrong with this, wouldn't you agree?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

If you were repremanded and chose not to listen its your choice! 
Why ask advice if you're already convince you are right? 
Its like selling PEPSI at the COCA-COLA canteen!

attyLLL

imo, this should be an issue about prudence, but not necessarily should automatically lead to disciplinary action. it should be on a case to case basis.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

AttyLLL he wasn't given a disciplinary action, he was just repremanded therefore if he do it again, he can be given a disciplinary action! He should check what's in his contract and try to understand it!

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Aceking00

The policy is reasonable since for "dele kadesa" purposes, you should be loyal to your company because it is the one giving you means of living. Even if it is your own social network, it gives a bad impression that you are helping a competitor find quality people to work for them. AWV has a point in telling you that you are wrong.

Now, should you insist on posting job vacancies of your company's competitor, the company may terminate you on the grounds of misconduct. Please see art 282 of the Labor code

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum