Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lateral Promotion - Lateral Demotion?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lateral Promotion - Lateral Demotion? Empty Lateral Promotion - Lateral Demotion? Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 pm

watchin.my.rights

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have applied for another (lateral)post and got it, so i signed another contract for my new role (last year).
Last month, my account had to cut some costs and my post was hit. Now, my admin manager is sending me back to my previous role. Is this legal?

My admin manager talked to me (in person)about sending me back to my previous role, with no formal letter, not even an email about the situation.

Obviously, I don't want my previous role anymore, but that's what the management is asking me to do.

Please advise. Appreciate your inputs. Thank you.

JonT

Arresto Menor

Just my opinion

I think you should demand for the documentation/s where it states that due to down-size they are re-assigning you to another position (may it be your former position). You can also check your handbook or company policy, again, this is just my opinion.

3Lateral Promotion - Lateral Demotion? Empty Re: Lateral Promotion - Lateral Demotion? Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:11 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

It is not illegal since the transfer is lateral and it is for acceptable reason which is cost-cutting. You are lucky that the management retained you instead of terminating you. You just have to ask for documents regarding the transfer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum