Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rules on demotion and promotion

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rules on demotion and promotion Empty Rules on demotion and promotion Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 am

patty2

Arresto Menor

Good day to you. I would like to seek for your advice regarding my husband's concern. He is working in a trading company as a driver/collector for more than 7 years now. Just this June 2010, he was appointed by the President of the company to be a sales coordinator. This appointment do not have any written notice. He also do not receive any added compensation/benefits or sales commission. He also did not given any formal training. He even lost his other allowances as a driver/collector. He was given a quota similar to that of a regular sales engineer. This will go for 6 months, a sort of probationary period. Once he meets the company expectations, he will then become a salesman.

My husband accepts the position given the above situation. And since, he is not technically capable he tries his best to learn anything he could to adopt to the job even without formal training. After 4 months, as expected, he did not reach the said quota. He was told by another officer that he will be returned to his original position once he do not reach the companies expectation he is also given the option to resign. He was given until January to cope up.

My husband do not agree to the proposition since this will degrade him. He is now known to be a salesman to all his customers. Can he negotiate to be terminated instead and receive a termination pay? How should we compute for the termination pay if ever? Is there anything else we can do? Your advice is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

2Rules on demotion and promotion Empty Re: Rules on demotion and promotion Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:20 pm

attyLLL

you can try to negotiate, but you cannot demand to receive termination pay if he resigns. i'm afraid the company has the right to put him in a probationary period before he fully qualifies for the promotion.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Rules on demotion and promotion Empty Re: Rules on demotion and promotion Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 am

patty2

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum