Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing of surname

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1changing of surname Empty changing of surname Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:28 pm

venzten

Arresto Menor

my daughter's surname is her father's surname.. but we are not married.. and now her father is not with us anymore.. he'll be having another baby with another girl... how can i change my baby's surname to my surname...? her father doesn't want to change her surname though...

2changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 pm

venzten

Arresto Menor

help naman po....

3changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm

attyLLL

you mean her surname on the birth certificate is the father's surname? did you declare yourself to be married?

an illegitimate child is supposed to have the surname of the mother. a father can only authorize the child to use his surname but this is not changed in the birth certificate. the certificate is just stamped with such authority.

you will have to file a judicial petition to correct the entry on her birth certificate. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 pm

venzten

Arresto Menor

opo.. yung surname nya s birth certificate s father nya but we're not married po... paki explain further naman po.. slamat!

5changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am

attyLLL

my suggestion is just to leave it be. but if you really wish to pursue this, you will need to retain a lawyer to prepare your petition and file it in court. only a judge can order that the last name be corrected. good luck.

6changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 pm

venzten

Arresto Menor

ok.. thanks a lot...

7changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

cathyjs26

Arresto Menor

I would like to ask a follow up question, Atty. may I know how much would be the filling fee and how long does the procedure takes place to see the result? because I will be enrolling my son this June in pre-school and I would like to enroll him using my family name. Thanks in advance.

8changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 am

attyLLL

cathy, the process takes at least 6 months to 1 year. i'm afraid i don't have a record how much the filing fee will be. you may inquire at the court.

9changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm

beverly2012

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir / Madamme,

Good day po sa inyo!

Need help po regarding my double registration to NSO with different surename & birth date.
Last May 2012, I just noticed that my birth certificate was registered twice. First registration is under my father's surename and 2nd is under my father's middle name. I've been using this second registration since I was a kid till date.
I've decided to choose my first registration and cancel the second registration.
Now, could you please advise me with all the legal procedures or the things I need to do or accomplish for my second registration to be cancelled and use the correct one (1st registration).

Thanking you in advance!

Best regards,

Beverly

10changing of surname Empty Re: changing of surname Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

feliz

Arresto Menor

hi can i just ask i want to change my baby's surname to his father's surname because he's using my surname but am not legally married to his dad yet, what shall i do?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum