Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SSS maternity leave claim disapproved_what 2 do next?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

titserA

Arresto Menor

Good evening!

My co teacher has been with us for 2 schoolyears then had to resign due to pregnancy related matters and decision that she no longer wants to work with us. She resigned September 2102 and gave birth March 2013.

On the part of the school, SSS employee and employer benefits are of course up to date.
In fact, during the time of this employee's 1st pregnancy and miscarriage, SSS matters were settled and she was able to receive her claims through a check advance payment from the school.

In this current scenario, however, her maternity leave claims were rejected by SSS. SHe is now asking the school to accomplish an EMPLOYERS SEPARATION CERTIFICATE which requires the school to indicate a few matters. However, the School Director is hesitating to fill out the form bec it states: REASON for TERMINATION, when clearly she was not terminated nor dismissed but as stated earlier, she has resigned.

Can you please clarify here what else the school needs to do to assist the said ex-employee who already resigned and is currently having difficulty in claiming her SSS maternity benefits?
Kindly state here the steps the ex employee should take to be able to claim her benefit since she continued to pay her SSS on her own after she has resigned.

On the part of the school we shall clearly act on what is needed but only within the scope of employer responsibility.

attyLLL

the reason for termination: voluntary resignation.

termination in this sense does not mean exclusively employer-initiated.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum