Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just cause for termination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just cause for termination Empty Just cause for termination Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm

gentlegiant

Arresto Menor

Our business requires that an employee informs the office of unplanned absences at least 4 hours before his scheduled duty. This is to give enough time to find a replacement so as not to obstruct business operations. One employee always fails to inform the office of his absences and he has done this 5 times already. He has been given memos and he wrote an agreement that should he commit the same negligence, he shall not be given another chance. Should he commit another absence without giving proper notice, would this be a valid ground for termination?

Hoping for a clarification on this. Thanks!

2Just cause for termination Empty Re: Just cause for termination Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, no.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Just cause for termination Empty Re: Just cause for termination Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 pm

gentlegiant

Arresto Menor

Ok, thanks! i thought this could be under gross neglect of duty. What should our next step be, should this behavior continue? Thanks again.

4Just cause for termination Empty Re: Just cause for termination Tue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

attyLLL

there will be those that will disagree with me, but I am of the opinion that it doesn't fall under the degree of 'gross', but maybe serve him a suspension first if he does it again and termination if it reaches 10 times in 6 months

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Just cause for termination Empty Re: Just cause for termination Tue May 07, 2013 7:25 pm

gentlegiant

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply. New question: is it still ok to reprimand a violation which was committed about 6 months ago? Or will there be no bearing anymore considering the lapse in disciplinary action?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum