Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

automatically considered half day if failed to sign log out in time sheet

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bubblesdn

Arresto Menor

Hi atty.,
Our company has made it as a policy that failure to log out in our daily time sheet will be considered half day and they will deduct this from your salary. Is this legal, can they really deduct half day salary even if the employee has proof that she worked for 9hrs+?

thanks in advance.

attyLLL

in my opinion that is too harsh, but similar policies abound for being late. the remedy is to file a complaint at dole.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

CaseLogic

CaseLogic
Arresto Mayor

Do you have written proof that you worked for 9 hours?
Maybe the reason why they are being strict with the timesheet so they can rely from it on how many hours
you worked within the day.
And it is also a way to discipline employee. If they allowed all not to log in, then they will have a problem.

bubblesdn

Arresto Menor

thank you for your reply Atty, just a follow up question; since they made it as a policy it is legal for them to do that? & i can only complain that it is too harsh or unfair that they deduct half day pay for forgetting to sign out in time sheet even there is a biometrics which we have to finger scan before we enter or go out of the office?
also another question, since they asked us to sign the office memo about the policy, does it mean that we agreed about it. because i am thinking that signing a memo only means that I have read it. and they say we need to sign it.

@case logic, we do have biometrics installed in our door in which we scan finger to get in /out of the office and aside from that we also send daily updates about the task/activity to our boss every end of the day through email. you think it is enough proof?

thank you again and hoping for your reply.

attyLLL

the legal remedy is to contest it in dole

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum