Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

biased termination, no one month notice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rain_2022

Arresto Menor

Gud day!

i worked as a probationary employee in a bpo company, d po ako naregular kc daw di ko nameet ang metrics. the thing is, there's 23 of us probationers and there's only 2 or three who were able to meet all the metrics. and comparing my stats with
others, d nman po ako ang pinakamababa at ang trend is pataas naman. when i brought this up sa HR ang sabi lang nila skin, the focus is on me daw, so i cant help but feel discriminated and biased kc why is the focus only on me when there's 23 of us who is subject for regularization. i dont even recall any misconduct on my part kc maingat nman ako pagdating sa relationships sa trabaho at perfect nman ang attendance ko the whole time of my probation.one more thing, ung basehan nila for terminating me is ung results of my fifth month evaluation. what hurts is that they should have notified me then and there that they will be terminating me instead of doing it barely a week before
regularization or end of 6 months probation. para nman sana i opted to have resigned na lng to keep my dignity instead of being terminated which for me is embarassing and gives a negative connotation. now, regularization depends on the endorsement of a team manager and i noticed that my team manager endorsed someone for regularization who even have
lower stats than me.

even the way they served me my termination is cruel and inconsiderate kc during my day off, my team manager kept calling me and texting me that i should go to the HR to receive my letter of discontinuance which i think is something na dapat pwdeng gawin sa office while im on duty. and the number they used to text me was the number i gave them to contact family members in case of emergency, not my personal number. so sila na ang nagsabi sa family members ko that i am being terminated which i think is not right again.

its been three months now, and im still not over the fact that i was not regularized for reasons which i consider questionable. im still hurting and i cant move on knowing that i am no longer a part of a company which i think is the best bpo here in my location. with this bit of information, can somebody please tell me what is the best legal action to take?

thanks a lot. more power and God bless!

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

question lang, was your evaluation for your fifth month stay discussed with you?.Kasi, when evaluating an employee, there should be an agreement/ discussion between the rater and the ratee about the result of such for you to be able to justify yourself..
In probationary period, they can evaluate you for the 3rd and fifth month stay., there's no problem with that, even every month evaluation(for monitoring only)but the evaluation for the fifth month will be the basis if you will be regularized or not.

rain_2022

Arresto Menor

yes, meron po kming 5th month evaluation. and yes, clear po naman na yun na ang basis for regularization. nov 11 ang patak ng 5th month namin on the job, evaluation for my 5th month was done on the 29th of nov. notice for my discontinuance was given to me on the 5th of december stating the reasons for my discontinuance as not able to meet the metrics which is true naman. ngaun po ang concern ko, 23 po kaming probationers and except for two individuals, lahat nman kami hindi nameet ang metrics at hndi nman po ako ang may pinakamababang stats. yun po ang reason why i feel na unfair ung pagterminate skin. so gusto ko lng po malaman kun justifiable ba yung gnawa nla at hindi po ba applicable ang one month notice para sa mga probationers?

thanks po.

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

the evidently truth is you were not be able to meet the metrics.

Last edited by vane on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

attyLLL

in cases of probationary employees, there is no requirement for 30 days notice, just notice before the expiration of the probationary period

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

AttyLLL,
how about the contractual employees?. does 30 days notice before expiration of contracts is a requirement? when does giving 30 days notice of termination should be observed?

Thanks!

attyLLL

for contractuals, notice is not necessary because the date of expiration of the contract should be written on the contract.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum