Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lunch break with workmates = IR

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lunch break with workmates = IR Empty Lunch break with workmates = IR Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am

cristababy888

Arresto Menor

Here's what happened: I work in recruitment. The instruction given to me was never to leave the frontdesk unmanned. Since the day I started with the company, I never had the chance to have an hour of lunchbreak. Sometimes, I get to eat at 4pm and for only 10-15mins then I need to be back. Our management didn't set a breaktime for us. They say that it's just based on our perogative if we want to have a break or not but the thing is, whenever I go out for, say, 10mins, they will look for me already.

Yesterday, 2 of my workmates went out for lunch. My plan was only to go out with them and order take out food but that never happened. I chose to stay in the restaurant and eat there. HAHA! It was wrong but it felt very liberating. I was just so hungry then. I was just out for about 15mins when I got a call that our executive director's furious. He submitted an incident report stating: "you have taken your break time together with 2 other recruiters leaving the recruitment hub with no recruiter to accomodate the applicants and proper endorsement to anyone onsite."

It says on the notice that, based on the handbook, "Negligence or faiure to abide by lawful, reasonable, and specific instructions, orders, directives, or established procedures, or failure to exercise reasonable care in complying therewith, regardless of whether such negligence or failure results in actual loss or damage to any Company property" is a violation of the Code of Conduct that has a possible sanction of Final Warning.

What happened was very heart breaking for me because it seemed like, all the sacrifices I made were all in vain. Do I have a loophole for this? the things was, I never had a formal orientation with the company's code of conduct, etc etc. I didn't even know that we have a handbook. Also, when I went out, there was still 1 recruiter in the office who also went out after I went out just to buy takeout food.

I understand that I was at fault but it felt good to go out, and eat outside the office. Most days, I just eat in my desk. How can I bring it up to them that, yes, I was at fault but they're the ones who committed more mistakes.

HELP!

2Lunch break with workmates = IR Empty Re: Lunch break with workmates = IR Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm

attyLLL

if you are working a 9 hour shift, then you should get 1 hour where you can have a proper break, or if the break is less than one hour, then it's a paid break. outside of that, you abandoned your post.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum