Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

law against unsafe work schedules

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1law against unsafe work schedules Empty law against unsafe work schedules Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm

terminated

Arresto Menor

is there a law provided that protects workers from unsafe and or unhealthy work schedule?

on my research, i found that shift work is unsafe and unhealthy. i understand that it is unavoidable practice in some industries particularly in manufacturing, but some guidelines are advised to mitigate the impact of such practice on the health of the workers.

but when can we tell, at least by law, that a shift work schedule is abusive and unacceptably unsafe for the workers?

i know some companies that design their schedules with permanent mandatory rest day overtime in combination with permanent hourly overtime, or very short (compared to recommended) transition time between morning shift/night shift.

2law against unsafe work schedules Empty Re: law against unsafe work schedules Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:26 pm

attyLLL

imo, an employer may set its hours now in any way it sees fit

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3law against unsafe work schedules Empty Re: law against unsafe work schedules Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am

terminated

Arresto Menor

thank you very much, so basically there are no laws that limits the power of an employer to set working hours.

sir, how about laws that protect workers from unsafe working condition and/or work practice?

thanks

4law against unsafe work schedules Empty Re: law against unsafe work schedules Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:55 am

attyLLL

it used to be that women could not be made to work between 10 pm to 6 am, but that has been amended.

if you feel there are other unsafe practices, you can inquire at the occupational safety and health center of the dole

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum