Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination due to points system and sick leave issue

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

andrea03

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I just want to confirm, our company is giving a points system that if ever you are late,half day, or absent. they are giving 8 points to be use on ur whole stay in the company. Points will refresh after 6months.

Now my case is I already got 7.5 pts. I got sick and needs bedrest. I filed a sick leave for 3 days with medcert, my superior approved it but he said i am going to accumulate points for it. I asked for liniency but they said they cannot answer me until I go back to report to work.

Now they are planning to terminate me.

Pwede ko po ba ilaban to, kasi nakokontra ng points system nmin ang sick leave benefit namin as a regular employee. Hindi kame pde mag leave kahit sobra na kame may sakit.

Thanks

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

seguro alam mo na ang sagot sa tanong mo. nakiiisa ako sa iyo na karapatan ng empleyado na mamahinga kapag siya maysakit. ang probelema lang e yung.. planning to terminate me... kasi parang cnasabi mo tsika pa lang to.

andrea03

Arresto Menor

the question is.

Pwede ko po ba ilaban to if ever they terminate me, kasi nakokontra ng points system nmin ang sick leave benefit namin as a regular employee. Hindi kame pde mag leave kahit sobra na kame may sakit.

Please answer the question.

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

Pwede. kasi para maging valid ground ng termination, dapat ang absences ng empleyadado ay... gross AND habitual neglect. hindi naman yon matatawag na neglect kung ang pagliban mo ay dahil sa ikaw ay maysakit, at nakapagpaalam naman. at kahit sabihin na neglect yon, hindi matatawag na GROSS, at habitual ang iyong pagliban. kaya parang may laban ka.

parang, kasi hindi pa naman nangyayari.
"Hindi ka masasaktan ng bukas; sasaktan ka ng ngayon"- Aling Lumen, balot vendor.

attyLLL

imo, yes, you can fight this, but make sure you are covered with the certifications from the doctors why you are taking leave and that you informed them in writing.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

andrea03

Arresto Menor

@attyLLL

What if they say that I was performing low due to absences but they never let me sign anything nor a coaching log or performance evaluation. And now they are saying that this is the cause for my termination.

Thanks

attyLLL

then if you believe that is wrong, the labor code allows you to file a complaint in nlrc to question it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum