Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's in a name?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's in a name? Empty What's in a name? Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 am

tylersmom

Arresto Menor

Good evening!

I am seeking your advice for my unborn child. I am married and but have not had communication with my husband for a year and he has stopped supporting me. He is based in the US.

I am pregnant and carrying a child that is not my husbands. What last name should my child carry? In addition what last name should I use in my child's birth certificate? I have tried to file for annulment against my husband the "easy/convenient" way but was not successful.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

2What's in a name? Empty Re: What's in a name? Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Since you are married, then the PRESUMPTION is that, that is the child of your husband, and therefore, it should bear the husband's surname, With or without the husband's signature that appears at the back of the child's birth certificate, or even it is not the lawful child of your husband.

It is difficult/burdensome for the child later on, if you choose to use your maiden name or the "other" guy's surname, considering that you were legally married.

** This is only my opinion. You may seek another advice from other members here.

3What's in a name? Empty Re: What's in a name? Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

tylersmom

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much.

4What's in a name? Empty Re: What's in a name? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Presumably, if you're still with your husband the child should be using his surname but since you are separated, you can use the real father's name to avoid your husband suing you for using his name to your child or use your single name if you don't want the father to have something to do with it. Your husband is not living with you for years so he cannot be responsible for the child.

5What's in a name? Empty Re: What's in a name? Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm

tylersmom

Arresto Menor

Thanks again AWV.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum