Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preventive suspension and threats for dismissal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

evex91176

Arresto Menor

I am writing in behalf of my daughter in law who is now in the state of anxiety resulting from the memo received from her immediate superior questioning her work activity, putting her in preventive suspension and asking for immediate reply (in 24 hours)or face the consequence of dismissal.

This preventive suspension prevented her from attending the national conference to receive her recognition and prizes for 3 awards garnered during her 7 months stay with the company. She is already a regular employee.

She has written the HR Personnel Dept questioning the legality of that suspension and the status of her employment. She is still waiting for the reply of that department.

All the alleged offenses where countered by the employee through written clarification letters by the customers involved, disproving the claims by the supervisor.

In case of an illegal dismissal, are there available lawyers who are willing to represents victims, on a semi pro bono basis, that is payment is given after winning the case, even on a 50-50% sharing?

Last edited by evex91176 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove unnecessary details)

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

evex91176 wrote:I am writing in behalf of my daughter in law who is now in the state of anxiety resulting from the memo received from her immediate superior questioning her work activity, putting her in preventive suspension and asking for immediate reply (in 24 hours)or face the consequence of dismissal.

This preventive suspension prevented her from attending the national conference to receive her recognition and prizes for 3 awards garnered during her 7 months stay with the company. She is already a regular employee.

She has written the HR Personnel Dept questioning the legality of that suspension and the status of her employment. She is still waiting for the reply of that department.

All the alleged offenses where countered by the employee through written clarification letters by the customers involved, disproving the claims by the supervisor.

In case of an illegal dismissal, are there available lawyers who are willing to represents victims, on a semi pro bono basis, that is payment is given after winning the case, even on a 50-50% sharing?

Preventive suspension lang yan. Not a sanction.

If your daughter is found not guilty they she should be paid for all the days she was on PS.

However as in all cases of due process, she should be given 5 calendar days to explain, not just 24 hours.

http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2007/june2007/166208.htm

There is no illegal dismissal situation yet in this case.

Update us on the decision of this matter so we can give further advice.

http://www.councilviews.com

evex91176

Arresto Menor

I appreciate with gratitude the advice shared, particularly the jurisprudence on 'due process'.

In case she was exonerated and suspension lifted, what other compensation or benefits could she expect aside from the regular back wages?

Also how would she cope up with the updates on marketing & sales strategies because she was prevented to attend the annual conference where briefings on these topics are normally discussed?

Many thanks and God bless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum